• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They can't perform every game, and it's now time for the young bowlers to step up and see what they can do. If India can get to 200 or so, maybe there's a chance. I'm disappointed but we'll see how it goes.

Eclipse

International Debutant
jamesryfler said:
Then you haven't seen a great deal of Mohammad Kaif.
Because he does have quite a range of shots -- he may be out of form, but I still rate him as a very good prospect.
Well I have seen him play 8 ODI's and in that time he has made two fifty's not bad but he looked crap making the runs he did make had a fair bit of luck and made the runs fairly slow.

8 ODI's over the space of a few year's is IMO enough for me to make a reasonable assesment of his potential. I still could be wrong but I would need to see him do somthing special first hand to change my mind.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
I have always wondered why Australia doesn't play more at the WACA, Perth. I love that track because you always get to see great bowling performances.

Lee's spell - second spell was amongst the most hostile bowling I have seen lately, thats after Shoaib's spell against the New Zealanders.

I am sad, but not surprised I always knew that India isn't upthere, Australia and South Africa and Pakistan are ahead of us in the rankings and stats.

This is a test for India bowlers to prove themselves - thru out the tour, Indian bowlers have had the luxury to bowl with many runs behind them, now is the time where we can judge how much Agarkar, Pathan and Balaji have learnt thru out the tour.

I know Australia is the favourites to win the match but I'm keen to see how well our bowlers perform. ..

For the first time I get the feeling that Pakistan will beat us in March, we'll be very tired and exhausted having toured Australia for 85 days in the hot South Hempishere's summer.

Ganguly keeps repeating his mistakes, now he really has a problem against short deliveries and fine yorkers (well who doesn't).

Gillespie I believe is a disappointment to Aussie fans, he gets injured so very often and rarely bowls on the stumps or on the batsmens pads - instead he bowls to wide giving the batsmen enough space to cut or drive (Dravid) his delieveries.

Once again I want to see how far the ourdium pacers bowl, this track is a test for pacers.

Choora

State Regular
Bapu Rao Swami said:

For the first time I get the feeling that Pakistan will beat us in March, we'll be very tired and exhausted having toured Australia for 85 days in the hot South Hempishere's summer.

The fist test match will be played on Mach 11, don't you think there is enough time b/w the two series ??

I personally think India will teach Pak a cricket lesson.Kapil Dev, Ravi Shashti and even Pak cricket boss ae all of the opinion that India will be had to beat:)

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Choora said:
The fist test match will be played on Mach 11, don't you think there is enough time b/w the two series ??

I personally think India will teach Pak a cricket lesson.Kapil Dev, Ravi Shashti and even Pak cricket boss ae all of the opinion that India will be had to beat:)

Well don't get me wrong, I think we should over Pakistan atleast in ODIs. As for KApil Dev's comments - don't read much into them...before this tour Kapil and Gavaskar and Sandip Patel all said India would lose the tests badly.

The onus will be on the Indian team in Pakistan - one because we have never won even a single test in Pakistan, only Bangladesh is the other country with such a record. Secondly Pakistan's batsmen I think can stand the bowling of Khan, Nehra and Pathan. Thos guys too are high on confidence and they ARE very strong at home, ask South Africa.

These DAYS in world cricket home advantage plays an important role, when we beat Aussies 2-1 at home in 2001, Aussies were still the best but once they come to play us in our backyard no matter how good they are the onus will always be on them..........similarly when we go to Pakistan, we'll have high expectations - I know Dravid and LAxy will perfrom but I hope Chhopra and Sehwag can repeat what they did in Aussie test series.

My prediction for Pakistan series -------ODI s India wins 3-2 !

tests - dull draws because both teams are too scared to lose but hey we may very well win the test series also - its just that I'm not certain, it won't be a pc of cake.

My prediction for the VB series- India loses final 2-1 to Australia but hey once again you never know! 8D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Bapu Rao Swami said:
Well don't get me wrong, I think we should over Pakistan atleast in ODIs. As for KApil Dev's comments - don't read much into them...before this tour Kapil and Gavaskar and Sandip Patel all said India would lose the tests badly.

The onus will be on the Indian team in Pakistan - one because we have never won even a single test in Pakistan, only Bangladesh is the other country with such a record. Secondly Pakistan's batsmen I think can stand the bowling of Khan, Nehra and Pathan. Thos guys too are high on confidence and they ARE very strong at home, ask South Africa.

These DAYS in world cricket home advantage plays an important role, when we beat Aussies 2-1 at home in 2001, Aussies were still the best but once they come to play us in our backyard no matter how good they are the onus will always be on them..........similarly when we go to Pakistan, we'll have high expectations - I know Dravid and LAxy will perfrom but I hope Chhopra and Sehwag can repeat what they did in Aussie test series.

My prediction for Pakistan series -------ODI s India wins 3-2 !

tests - dull draws because both teams are too scared to lose but hey we may very well win the test series also - its just that I'm not certain, it won't be a pc of cake.

My prediction for the VB series- India loses final 2-1 to Australia but hey once again you never know! 8D
Dude it would be better to discuss India-Pakistan in that thread and leave this one for the VB Series

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
ooooooooooops there goes another chance, Laxy dropped a sitter.

Also I forgot to mention very well done to the Indian tail, they finally fought it out, thats what I like!! good job KArtik and Pathan.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
wowwwwww. Agarkar is really doing well all this summer. I'm very impressed by Agarkar's discipline and consistency in bowling.

2 for 16.....Go India!:saint:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He made up for that one with a great catch of Martyn, so much for saving it for the WACA hey?

Slow Love™

International Captain
If Australia lose to India in Perth, we'll never live it down.

Hussey and Katich will experience some pressure, I suspect. It is still surprising how much more swing Agarkar gets compared to the Aussie bowlers.

The total's not too big though. A cracking innings from either Gilchrist, Symonds or Clarke will probably be enough to get us home.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gilly is still smashing it all over the park, and defending a score of 203 they must get him out now. Australia will most likely get home, I just hope India make a match of it which they are doing now.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I dont know why people bowl to the offside of Symonds :(

Another 15 runs, we need a break thourhg..

Bring a bowling change!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The problem now is the pressure is completely off, so if Australia were to lose another wicket, Hussey and Katich could ease their way in. It's pretty much over unless a miracle happens. :(

Slow Love™

International Captain
I think it's bye bye India (it probably was a fair while ago). Incredible hitting from Gilchrist and Symonds.

Not to take anything away from India's performance this summer, but I don't think a lot of people (in Australia at least) would have expected India to provide that much of a contest at the WACA, even with a less experienced Aussie side. Although they certainly gave them a bit of a fright at 3/37.

On the bright side, India won't have to play Australia in Perth again this tour. And they pretty much lucked out not having to play a test there.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Bapu Rao Swami said:
ooooooooooops there goes another chance, Laxy dropped a sitter.
If that was a sitter I would love to see your deffinition of a tough chance lol.

It was a full blooded cut that took a top edge and absoloutly flew to an arial second slip. basicly the ball was just traveling to quick went straight threw Laxman's hand's beaten for pace.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Ohh BTW how strong is Symond's.

those two sixes were indeed a sight to see one out of the ground and the other onto the roof lol.