• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate, what a shocker that was...straight to him, comfortable height, good seeing conditions.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
I don't know what Australians think, but I think someone like Martyn is a waste of space in their squad. I know he's performed at more crucial times i.e. world cup final but I've also heard Australia has more batsmen who haven't got a chance like Love and Elliot.

Besides that hasn't Martyn dropped quite a few catches, even in the world cup final he dropped Sehwag.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The standard in fielding really has dropped, even Australia are grassing a number of easy catches.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Tim said:
The standard in fielding really has dropped, even Australia are grassing a number of easy catches.

My honest opinion - I think the Australia squad is simply too old to have perfect fielding, besides that they also play the most no. of ODIs and Tests - which is extremely tiring. I seriously after this series or within the next few months Australia must bring a few more youngsters. Apart from Clarke all your youngsters aren't good enough while all other countries are half full of young cricketers.

Also sometime ago I read an article on cricinfo saying that whenever teams are on the downhill it is their fielding that drops first. happened to WI, to England, to SL and now its happening to Australia.

Its good to Ganguly rotating the strike, good start by India.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ who also hold high standards in the field, were very average while they were in India. But in the recent ODI series v Pakistan some of the fielding was outstanding, especially after Queenstown..they seemed to fix alot of their problems after that match.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Tim said:
NZ who also hold high standards in the field, were very average while they were in India. But in the recent ODI series v Pakistan some of the fielding was outstanding, especially after Queenstown..they seemed to fix alot of their problems after that match.

I feel so sorry for NZ, NZ has the youth + experience to be amongst the top 3 teams in the world. You NEw Zealanders have an excellent captain in Fleming. Good bats in Astle, Cairns, Richardson, Oram, VEttori, McMillian, ETC, however you're biggest problem is that half your team is injured most of the times.

otherwise can you imagine a bowling attack like yours with an improving Butler, Tuffey, Oram, Cairns, Vettori and Bond!

NZ has the potential but too many players are injured.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't want talk about this too much because this is really the VB Series thread but NZ are starting to gain some potential because of the new wage system in NZ which is keeping players from turning to say for example Rugby or Soccer.

I think all the injuries are to do with so many bowlers used to bowling on soft ground in NZ & then touring other countries where the grounds are rock hard.

Ganguly starting to cut loose!..oops no he's out.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Does anyone feel that Gillespie is very over rated, the guy is most of the times injured and he hardly bowls any deliveries at the stumps. HE's always depending on getting the batsman out thru lbw, caught behind etc - the guy doesn't have any more tricks up his sleeves like Pollock, Akhtar, Tuffey, Kumble do...

I know he's good but Steve Waugh earlier called him the best bowler in the world, to be honest I have never rated him that high. Funnily even PWC rates him high, I say Williams is better.

PS. ohhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOO gang is out :( :( :( :(

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mind Brad Williams getting fired up when he takes a wicket but some time he looks really stupid.
He looked like an idiot when he carried on after dismissing the Zimbabwe tail-ender at Sydney.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Tim said:
I don't mind Brad Williams getting fired up when he takes a wicket but some time he looks really stupid.
He looked like an idiot when he carried on after dismissing the Zimbabwe tail-ender at Sydney.

BRad Williams's action is so wierd, its so much like school boys, the way he celebrates is also like a kid, it seems he can't get both his legs in the air at once.

however as bowler I find him special....way way way better than Bichel and Lee. Bracken started off well but Williams I reckon is the best in Australia behind The Pigeon McGRath and Hollywood Warne. Kaspa is also quite good in ODIs. Bichel and LEe must be dropped at least when playing top teams with strong batting lineups like India and SA!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol, what a load of BS from Ian Chappell.

Brett Lee just missed a regulation save at mid on & Chappell defended Lee by going on about dead grass & that certain areas of the ground may be patchy and bounce less (or more).

RUBBISH, i say, RUBBISH.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Tim said:
lol, what a load of BS from Ian Chappell.

Brett Lee just missed a regulation save at mid on & Chappell defended Lee by going on about dead grass & that certain areas of the ground may be patchy and bounce less (or more).

RUBBISH, i say, RUBBISH.

Lee has always been rubbish, same with Chappell. I think all Australian commentators are clowns especially Kerry O'Keefe - that guy even uses the F word, and after lunch sounds drunk.

The only Aussies commentators I like are Ian Healy and ofcourse the best in the business Richie Benaud.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Tim said:
Brett Lee looks as though he's changed his action.

Brett Lee should forget about his action, I saw on the cricketshow once and he was talking about he he preplans his offcutters, inswingers etc to particular batsman.

I bowler of Lee's calibre should simply go there and bowl all pace deliveries and all of them must be yorkers.... his half volleys are so weak- even my grandma could hit them for a four...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
1/88, Sachin cutting loose and he's injured. He really is God. Thank you Bret Lee, thank you very much. :)