• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

O' Tendulkar please retire now

im astonished that hes playing the odis....surely he should have retired from the odi form with the wc win,it would have been much more fitting and graceful.instead he has decided to plough on hoping no doubt to get a 100 against sl on some dead pitch seeing he cant do it in tests.for all the bull he gives about not caring about stats the 'little master' loves em.i dont really buy the experience crap either.if experience means scoring 20s and 30s in eng and aus ill take youth,thanks!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe, just maybe he hasn't retired because he enjoys and loves playing the game. I know it's difficult to digest that cricketers enjoy doing what they do but it might just be true.

sachin200

U19 12th Man
Does people really think he played on after the WC because he wanted the 100 hundreds ? :wacko:

He will play more even if he gets his hundredth 100 in one day series....

if bcci can schedule a few series at home against sl and bangladesh at home for the next 2 years who knows he might even end up with 110-115 100s.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am with benchy and PEWS here. He should play if he wants to play. No one can ask him to retire if he is still enjoying being a cricketer (for whatever reasons). Now, if you think he is not good enough to be in the team, it is a totally different discussion. I think he is still easily among the better batters we have. I don't think it is he who needs to change, tbh.. It is just the attitude of everyone towards him that needs to change.. I mean, it was total BS that he ONLY fields at first slip if he needs to be in the slips when we already have an ATG slipper in Dravid there (no matter how indifferent his catching has been, recently).. And this whole thing about "will always bat 4, unless it is a NW ahead of me" is BS as well. I just happen to think it is more about others not being brave enough to go up to him and talk about these things than just him doing what he wishes to do at every point. Surely Fletcher or Dhoni should have the guts to go upto him and say "sorry mate, Rahul is our first slipper, and since you only field there at times, you gotta be 3rd" or ""sorry mate, everyone moves up one number due to Gautam's injury. So you are batting first drop""..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If you're good enough, you should be in the team. No point discussing it further. Not least because it's incredibly dull.

Debris

International 12th Man
If you're good enough, you should be in the team. No point discussing it further. Not least because it's incredibly dull.
So you are saying he should be dropped then because he isn't good enough? Controversial, but I respect your opinion.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree with what Imran Khan said on Tendulkar....No one other than Tendulkar is going to decide when he has to retire... I think the reason he struggled on this tour is because he invariably came in at 20/2 and Tendulkar has never been at his best in those situations. And before the fanatics attack me, I don't mean that makes him a bad player or anything of that sort, its just that some players are at their best in different situations.

sachin200

U19 12th Man
I agree with what Imran Khan said on Tendulkar....No one other than Tendulkar is going to decide when he has to retire... I think the reason he struggled on this tour is because he invariably came in at 20/2 and Tendulkar has never been at his best in those situations. And before the fanatics attack me, I don't mean that makes him a bad player or anything of that sort, its just that some players are at their best in different situations.
overseas Dravid and Sachin batted at 5/1 and 10/2 always !!!