• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ali naqvi

virajqw

Cricket Spectator
hi,
recently read abt a guy called ali naqvi who scored a century for pak on debut against touring proteas..never heard of him since.is he still around ?

Bouncer

State Regular
he scored 100 on debute...but was side lined after the return of seasoned opener Aamir Sohail in the next series against WI, that Pakistan won 3-0 and aamir had Two Scores of over 150 in that series.
Poor naqvi was never given a chane again.....thats not bad....bad was Wajahhat Ullah wasti"s case who scored 100'ss in both innings of test match...and got side lined....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Naqvi - Test Career.

242 runs @ 30.25, 1x100, 0x50

115, 19, 30*, 11, 6, 27, 13, 13, 8

Last four were against Zimbabwe.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Wasti - Test Career.

329 runs @ 36.55, 2x100, 0x50

6, 9, 133, 121*, 22, 5, 7, 17, 1, 8

I remember him being fairly poor in the 99 World Cup as well. Closer examination of that double-ton test match reveals a Sri Lankan bowling attack of Wickramasinghe, KSC de Silva, Hathurusingha, Bandaratillike and Kalpage.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Wasti - Test Career.

329 runs @ 36.55, 2x100, 0x50

6, 9, 133, 121*, 22, 5, 7, 17, 1, 8

I remember him being fairly poor in the 99 World Cup as well. Closer examination of that double-ton test match reveals a Sri Lankan bowling attack of Wickramasinghe, KSC de Silva, Hathurusingha, Bandaratillike and Kalpage.
My memory of Wasti is that he's a rather unattractive player and a slow scorer.