• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Zimbabwe Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprisingly Edwards opened the bowling. He's a bit too full so far but has Sibanda caught behind an over back. Sibanda has just hit him for 2 fours and looks a decent talent.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
typical, the batsman strokes 2 consecutive fours & then thinking he's got the measure of the bowler relaxes only to get himself out. I think that showed a lack of experience by Sibanda.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It has begun.....

I think Zimbabwe will be all out by tea for a score of around 150.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Interesting to see how far Carlisle and Gripper have come on since Australia. See whether they can carry on their form.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Zimbabwe seem to be handling Edwards alright, but they are ruining it by playing some rather poor shots also.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tim said:
Zimbabwe seem to be handling Edwards alright, but they are ruining it by playing some rather poor shots also.
Edwards has bowled very ordinarily so far. But he's bowled a couple of good ball in the mix. IMO he looks short of practice.

Mr. P

Gripper looks in fine touch, already hit one massive six off Edwards, who is going for 6.33 an over.:rolleyes: :O :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Collymore has Carlisle caught at slip for 8.

56/3

Widish outswinger that wasn't quite there for the drive length-wise. Collymore deserved that, he's bowled well this morning.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr. Ponting said:
Gripper looks in fine touch, already hit one massive six off Edwards, who is going for 6.33 an over.:rolleyes: :O :D
You guys are getting coverage in Australia? And we only barely got coverage here. :!(

Mr. P

Think you mean 58/3:P

Yep well bowled Collymore, but bit disappointing for Carlisle.

Mr. P

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You guys are getting coverage in Australia? And we only barely got coverage here. :!(
Nope. just going by good ol' cricinfo.:D The 'massive' bit i just presumed.:)

Chubb

International Regular
Matsikenyeri has the potential to be a class player. I saw him bat at Taunton and he murdered Somerset's bowling, and they are a pretty ordinary county-class attack. Don't forget that he scored 44 from a bad posistion in the first England-Zimbabwe match after coming out at 3-for-not-many. He has talent. You guys really underate him: In my opinion he ranks with Taibu.

Chubb

International Regular
This is a bad start for Zim. Someone needs to hang around for Gripper, who is looking good, to play around. One of Wishart, Matsikenyeri or Taibu MUST stay in and let the form man play.