• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Announce New Captain and Vice Captain

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
I know, it's not like Clarke has been vice captain for a couple of years or had 3.5 years of superlative form behind him or anything.
I understand why they've done it, there are no other options and he may be a pretty good skipper, he's got more feel for it than Punter, but even so, he's been in poor form for about 10 months. Even in the WC, he ended up with a great average by performing against the minnows.

I hope he drops himself to 5, he'll have to take the pressure off himself by scoring runs and he hasn't so far at 4.

pup11

International Coach
Well how do you know? Surely those that are playing with him or who are involved in the setup will know whether he is leadership material or not.
I guess you would have seen the way he carries himself on the field, now that sort of behaviour doesn't exactly say he is leadership material.

I love Watto as a player but he can be an absolute tool in the field at times, on top of that if I'm not wrong he has no experience of captaincy whatsoever at any level.

So as I said before I would have been much more comfortable with the idea of having a guy like Haddin as the VC.

Also I don't get this Clarke was batting better at #5 so push him back there thing, Clarke now is the second most experienced batsman in the test side and now he is also the captain so its his job to stabilize the shaky top-order rather than asking some green-horns to do that.