• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marshall and Joyce selected for India tour

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Who were they playing? Can you find a scorecard?
No sorry, maybe they will show one sometime,

but Ireland XI beat Pune by 218 runs,

Ireland 301 Cusack 100* retired, H Marshall 72, A White 34, N Jones 26 ,

Pune 83 all out. A Eastwood 3 wkts, N Jones, G Dockrell and A van der Merwe 2 wkts each...

Howe_zat

Audio File
No sorry, maybe they will show one sometime,

but Ireland XI beat Pune by 218 runs,

Ireland 301 Cusack 100* retired, H Marshall 72, A White 34, N Jones 26 ,

Pune 83 all out. A Eastwood 3 wkts, N Jones, G Dockrell and A van der Merwe 2 wkts each...
Ye Gods that is a thrashing. :happy:

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Hmm, afraid not. I take it Pune aren't a first-class side, but it's good to know Ireland are a step above them. Perhaps the tour organisers underestimated them, the Irish would likely give the Ranji sides a close game.
Ranji sides are they first class?, any main Indian players on the sides?, btw Aditya Tare was in the Mumbai Indian side in the last IPL, well I'm pretty sure he was :dry:...

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ranji sides are they first class?, any main Indian players on the sides?, btw Aditya Tare was in the Mumbai Indian side in the last IPL, well I'm pretty sure he was :dry:...
I'll take your word for it on Tare, I didn't watch the IPL. By Ranji sides I mean those competing in the Ranji Trophy:

Points Table | Ranji Trophy Super League 2010/11 | ESPN Cricinfo

India's rough equivalent of county cricket. As with English domestic cricket, the centrally contracted players don't usually feature as internationals take up all their schedule.

Athlai

Not Terrible
English domestic cricket > Indian domestic cricket

India have a few top class teams and then a huuuuuuge drop in class.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
I'll take your word for it on Tare, I didn't watch the IPL. By Ranji sides I mean those competing in the Ranji Trophy:

Points Table | Ranji Trophy Super League 2010/11 | ESPN Cricinfo

India's rough equivalent of county cricket. As with English domestic cricket, the centrally contracted players don't usually feature as internationals take up all their schedule.
Ireland's final match - against Mumbai I think,

Ireland: 244 in their 45 overs - Andy White 60, John Mooney 50*, Andre Botha and Alex Cusack both got 40's.

Torrential downpour during lunch meant no further play possible...