• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
royGilchrist said:
on another note, where the hell is Reon King? Mr Mxy you might know this, as you are a WI fan. He was awesome I thought, just like the legends of WI fast bowling.
I am quoting my response from another thread as I couldn't be bothered to type this for the millionth time :P.
I've explained this too many time to count but I shall do so again for your benefit. Reon King was injured on the tour of England in 2000 and was consequently out of cricket for a year. When he returned, he struggled greatly to get into any sort of rhythm. On closer examination, his action seemed to have been slighly modifie, perhaps tp prevent against reinjury. King has been slowly nursing himself back into top form but, until he is definitely at that level again, he should be picked for WI IMO.
That said....
This year, Reon King has been playing in the North East Premier League in England with South Northumberland CC.
I hope this clears it up. :)

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I think the containment is an attempt to stifle the batsmen and frustrate them.

Giles isn't a big enough turner on English wickets to attack all the time, so we bowl to the conditions. Some good flat containing spin. ;)

Flat Spin is poor end of story Spin is in the air Break is off the pitch

and Giles is crap averages 41 per test

chris.hinton

International Captain
Rich2001 said:
Because in defending your not giving away runs between the wickets he takes, and if you keep a batsman like Tendulkar / Lara quite for more than a ball or two they will try riskier shots to try and get flowing again, therefore giving chances to the field.

Also when you have bowlers the other end who can't contain they just go for wickets, you need someone to tie a end up otherwise your be looking at scores of 400 at the end of day 1, also if his ties an end up means the cap can rotate his paceman for shorther sharper spells rather than being forced to bowl them for longer spells trying to reel the batsman back in.
But if you Flight the ball up you increase the chances of getting a wicket

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right Chris, we've been down this road more times than Steve Harmison's bowled wides and it ends up the same way every flipping time.

I'm not in the best of moods anyway at the moment and this has just pushed me too far.

Thread Closed.

:!( :!( :!(

Status
Not open for further replies.