• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which was the greatest bowling partnership of them all?

Which was the best bowling partnership?

• Total voters

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Turner and Ferris.

8 Tests together - 94 wickets at 14.38.

The proud quality of Australia's batting in that period is best illustrated by the fact that, despite those insane numbers, Australia won just one of those eight Tests.

Last edited:

Debris

International 12th Man
McWarne mostly for longevity. Are they unique as a quick-spinner partnership? I am struggling to think of another.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Trueman-Lock has already been mentioned. And I'd rate Davidson-Benaud up there with the very best as well.

Davidson-Benaud - 41 Tests, 346 wickets at 23.89.

EDIT: Though from 1957, when both men became important members of the Australian attack, their record together reads: 31 Tests, 319 wickets at 22.33.

Last edited:

Debris

International 12th Man
Trueman-Lock has already been mentioned. And I'd rate Davidson-Benaud up there with the very best as well.

Davidson-Benaud - 41 Tests, 346 wickets at 23.89.

EDIT: Though from 1957, when both men became important members of the Australian attack, their record together reads: 31 Tests, 319 wickets at 22.33.
I guess I always think of Lock-Laker rather than Trueman-Lock but I guess they did play together a lot. I always forget how good Davidson actually was.