• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2010-11 Australian international itinerary announced

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Been plenty of slaughters at Fortress WACA and Fortress Adelaide Oval too.

Honestly, when was the last time England won at Adelaide? I certainly can't think of any. Only recent (and in fact not-so-recent) England victories I can think of have come at the 'CGs, be it M or S.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was interested enough to answer my own question - excluding the 1978/79 series against Australia A, England's record at 'Gabba, WACA and Adelaide Oval since the famed 1974/75 series is played 25, won 2, lost 18, drawn 5. :-O That's seriously, seriously bad. Those victories came at The 'Gabba in '86/87 and the notoriously against-the-odds one at Adelaide Oval in 1994/95 when they won with the only eleven fit players they had left in the country.

EDIT: and by contrast their record at the MCG and SCG in the same timeframe isn't anywhere near so bad - excluding the MCC Bicentenary Test in 1987/88 and Centenary Test in 1976/77 which weren't Ashes Tests, it's played 19, won 5 (and in truth that should be 7 because they were denied in 1990/91 and 1994/95), drawn 4 (ditto should be 2), lost 10.

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
Hahahah I love every single 7 match ODI series of Australia vs. England.

Damn BCCI :ph34r:
:laugh:

What an irony, BCCI running p2p for scheduling more test matches while other countries cutting down their test schedule.

Damn BCCI indeed.