• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne in another controversy

masterblaster

International Captain
The second accusation seems a little 'iffy'.

I think this woman is lying, but thats just my opinion. I would figure that someone of Warne's stature would learn from his previous *** scandal.

Imagine how his marriage must've been rocked by it. Im sure he would'nt do it again.

But then again....

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Its hard to tell...Warne actually admitted the first allegations in England a couple of years ago.

Although since he's already banned for using drugs he may not be so keen for this to come into light.
I wouldn't put it past him though, he's been a man of many talents.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah i just had a good read & it appears that Warne is in the clear.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Difference being Bryant has actually admitted having *** with the woman..

Regarding the dates, it's February 20 last year i.e. 2002...

I believe that is when the Aussies were touring South Africa for Tests and ODIs.

legslip

Cricket Spectator
All the scandals Warne has been involved in has made him an easy target. It would be unfair to pass judgement at this early stage.

I would give Warne the benifit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Well I think Kobe's case and Warne's are similar are just an inevitable thing that will soner or later happen with most pro athletes, the kind of lifestyle they lead.

Staying away from wife and family for long periods of time, and all these beautiful women literally throwing themselves at these athletes. If you are a woman and flirt with Kobe, go to his room, do foreplay and acts of ***ual nature, and then when he wants to have *** the woman refuses, what will happen? Its obvious.

I think blame lies as much with the athletes as it does with the women, who in almost all cases are looking to take advantage of the famous athlete for money or infamy. What I say is, if you dont want to end up in a rape or forced *** situation, do not seduce or flirt with the guy.

Not sure about cricket, but in basketball I am sure 90% of the married guys cheat on their wives. If Kobe, who is one of the most well behaved and respected guys around does it then I say probably everyone does it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
royGilchrist said:
If Kobe, who is one of the most well behaved and respected guys around does it then I say probably everyone does it.
Not meaning to stray off topic, but, although Kobe is respected, that does not mean that he is a saint. For all we know, he could be a horrible person. I wouldn't go as far as to say that even the majority of pro athletes do it.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I really don't think this is fair. Warne will automatically be judged because of this, and even if he escapes, he'll still be frowned apon. I reckon it will be hard for him to come back into the team.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he is guilty, then it's very fair to judge him for it. It's wrong and, regardless of how good a cricketer he is, he'll suffer as a role model and rightly so. I'm not saying that he is guilty however as I don't know the facts.

Andre

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Difference being Bryant has actually admitted having *** with the woman..

Regarding the dates, it's February 20 last year i.e. 2002...

I believe that is when the Aussies were touring South Africa for Tests and ODIs.
Ok, thanks Neil. The orginial article I read on it stated 2003. Thanks for clearing that up.

Regardless, I don't think even Warne is dumb enough to have done this.

Craig

World Traveller
I doubt he has done it. I will rather look at Warne for his magnificant cricketing ability then his off-field sins. He still has a place in my all-time world XI.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I think the alegations are just that alegations.

I just doubt Warne would do somthing like this again.
He is an easy target and people are going to beleve the worst about him because of his past.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Lets not get away from the fact that some of the stuff Warne has done in the past has been down right disgraceful..but if these rumours are untrue then it all comes down to greed & taking advantage of Warnes current situation.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
I just doubt Warne would do somthing like this again.
This is wrong.

People who have a streak of doing bad things keep doing them without thinking about the consequences, the examples are plenty.

These people dont think rationally like one of us would think sitting on our computer..."well I did this in the past and it cost me so I am not going to do it again"

Now, that said, there are people, women, out there who would take advantage of the situation, and would get people like Warne in a difficult situation. I mean, the woman went to Warne's room alone and kissed him, wore skimpy clothes, what the hell is she expecting. She is obviously trying to get Warne in trouble and with his past history, Warne is an easy target, she knew that.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
honestly who cares about what shane warne does with his life. though this woman is probably just causing abit of a stir for publicity :!(

to quote from SMH

"Doubt has been cast on Ms Cohen Alon's account by Clifford van der Westhuizen, described as her former hairdresser, who said he was present when the two met.

He says Ms Cohen Alon had pursued Warne. "She went to him and started all of this. He never said, 'Let's go for supper'. She said, 'I want your number'." Subsequently, Mr Van der Westhuizen says, Ms Cohen Alon told him that she was "going to blackmail him for 3,000,000 rand"."

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
i refuse to believe that any of these allegations are true. warnie has done some terrible things, but hes not that dumb.