Cricket Player Manager
Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190
Results 2,836 to 2,846 of 2846

Thread: *Official* South Africa in India

Sachin awarded the mango of the season? sounds about right. Amla got his beard all messy digging into his mots after the tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Its silly and thats the mildest word I can find.

ret
    From the marketing PoV, For Volvo giving its S80 sedan to Tendulkar makes sense as now its flag ship sedan is associated with a guy becoming MoS for scoring the first double in the history of ODIs and on top of that the guy happens to be Tendulkar! .... I can't think of a better way to score points for a brand in India!
    Fastest gun in town

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ret View Post
    From the marketing PoV, For Volvo giving its S80 sedan to Tendulkar makes sense as now its flag ship sedan is associated with a guy becoming MoS for scoring the first double in the history of ODIs and on top of that the guy happens to be Tendulkar! .... I can't think of a better way to score points for a brand in India!
    They are not the ones who should be selecting the MoS though... If they want Sachin to be the face of the thing, sign a bloody endorsement deal. Don't mock the concept of a Man of the Series..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

ret
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    They are not the ones who should be selecting the MoS though... If they want Sachin to be the face of the thing, sign a bloody endorsement deal. Don't mock the concept of a Man of the Series..
    I am talking from a marketing perspective as to how mouth-watering deal it is for them to have Sachin as MoS

What's right or wrong is a different discussion. You are giving your opinion based on your understanding of how a MoS should be chosen. To see why they chose Sachin, I would have to look in to how they arrived at that conclusion. But I wouldn't give too much weightage to the performances in the dead rubber to give MoS. More weighage should be placed on performances in the first two games
    Last edited by ret; 01-03-2010 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ret View Post
    I am talking from a marketing perspective as to how mouth-watering deal it is for them to have Sachin as MoS

What's right or wrong is a different discussion. You are giving your opinion based on your understanding of how a MoS should be chosen. To see why they chose Sachin, I would have to look in to how they arrived at that conclusion. But I wouldn't give too much weightage to the performances in the dead rubber to give MoS. More weighage should be placed on performances in the first two games
    yeah.. I got what you meant.. I was just frustrated at the way it is done because I like to keep the cricket seperate from the marketing. As I said, if you want Tendulkar to be associated with your brand, sign an endorsement deal... I feel being MoS in a series is a pretty prestigious thing and it should go to someone who has had "some" performances throughout the series, including the dead rubber, esp. if the series is juz 3 matches long..

And on topic, for me, the real MoS is Jadeja.. Some runs but his bowling seemed to really stand out in very good batting conditions...

If it was the auto company deciding the MOTS, that is plumbing new depths.

tbh, there are a no. of times when we such cheap awards being given in India... I am not sure why the need to play to the gallery is seen so much here.

OTOH, I wonder if there are comparable instances around the world where the player is seen as greater than the game itself... Sachin probably stands out there... I know for sure in certain discussions at my household where my cousins (one works for the media and other who works for a MNC in the IT side) think Bradman was a lucky **** who got all the runs coz the umps never gave him out and the fielders never bothered to chase the ball....

I am pretty sure in terms of real appreciation of cricket, we rank in the middle inspite of being such a cricket crazy nation... My dad often hates that term... As a nation, we are more player crazy than cricket crazy, IMHO..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    If it was the auto company deciding the MOTS, that is plumbing new depths.
    Personally never really cared about MoS and MoMs much because of the fact that both involved a lot of subjectivity and a very few people as adjudicators whose credentials were debatable.

I prefer it when the commentary team or the match ref. decides, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    I prefer it when the commentary team or the match ref. decides, tbh.
    In SA M0S Award is usually decided by a seasoned journo's and the TV commentary team.
    Best way imo

Thread Information