• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tri-Nation ODI Series in Bangladesh

cricman

International 12th Man
I beg whoever is captain today let us, Dhoni/Viru ... Let us Bat 2nd for once.

BCB handled this terribly, 2 different pitches one in the day time the other at night.

If Mortaza was healthy .. I think we might have had a chance

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I beg whoever is captain today let us, Dhoni/Viru ... Let us Bat 2nd for once.

BCB handled this terribly, 2 different pitches one in the day time the other at night.

If Mortaza was healthy .. I think we might have had a chance
Didn't you actually win the toss and bat first anyway for one of the games? :p

cricman

International 12th Man
Didn't you actually win the toss and bat first anyway for one of the games? :p
Shakib made his bed there, he's the only one that showed up with the Ball that match ... felt Terrible for him, Had the Match in his hands too Dropping Dhoni and than had to face the Scrutiny from the Media, Second guessing why Bat 1st etc, why take the 2nd run etc.

He was under immense pressure to score runs in the SL match and slowed his batting down.

For a side thats just finding it's feet we put so much pressure and have high expectation on the kids

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
A fun reference- the Cricinfo commentator takes a dig at the Docomo ditty. This tune's not very interesting, but it hasn't reached the level of overplay that certain other tunes have- we're talking of Idea and Airtel, folks.

On a more serious note, Sreesanth's comeback to ODIs has had one no-ball too many. While he's just returned to the ODI team, and in time (Nehra should be dropped for some time; he's way off colour now), this excessive over-stepping is unsustainable.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
That was a brilliant runout by Yuvraj. Maybe the first time a bowler intentionally runs out the non striker by deflecting the ball.

Aritro

International Regular
Can someone please end the tedious Ashraful debate on Cricinfo?

I'm not sure why there's even a debate any more. As he's proved over 170 ODIs and 55 tests, he simply doesn't have the temperment to ever be better than he is now. And unless he experiences some sort of road to Damascus moment, he'll eventually become a fringe player who makes 200s in our national league and occasionally comes back for a match or two to remind us why he failed in the first place.

But sadly until we're in a position to replace him, we have no choice but to keep selecting him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Anyone else watching the innings by Shakib? Very Hussey like IMO.

Mahmudullah has done well too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Reckon Mahmudullah has to start batting a little higher. Move Ashraful down to six, Rahim to seven and bump everyone else up one or something (we all know Ash isn't going to get dropped :p).

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Great to see Shakib scoring some runs again, had gone through a very lean patch since the end of the Zimbabwe series.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Kohli with another 100. Will put pressure on Raina when Sachin returns. When Tendulkar returns, the line up could be:

Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Gautham Gambhir
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni
Ravindra Jadeja
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
S Sreesanth
3rd Seamer/2nd Spinner

Shri

Mr. Glass
Kohli with another 100. Will put pressure on Raina when Sachin returns. When Tendulkar returns, the line up could be:

Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Gautham Gambhir
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni
Ravindra Jadeja
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
S Sreesanth
3rd Seamer/2nd Spinner
Yeah, the last slot that I did not fill in the side.