• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ramnarine: The Legend That Wasn't?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The encouraging thing about Roach for me is that he has the raw materials to bowl fast, dangerous deliveries, but also has brains and passion. Throughout that Bangladesh series earlier this year - his debut series, due to the contract dispute - he kissed his badge every single time he took a wicket. Every time. Unseen in West Indies cricket of late.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
"Very good" at this present moment is stretching it rather. Taylor is decent, Edwards much-improved from what he was but still far from outstanding, Roach is very interesting but not yet possessed of all that much more than potential.
Ha ye man i know. I'm deliberately jumping the gun on those cats. But seriously ATS i'd be shocked if they dont become a very good pace trio in the next 5+ years for the Windies. World cricket NEEDS them to be good, we need a revival of very good pace attacks man...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Ha ye man i know. I'm deliberately jumping the gun on those cats. But seriously ATS i'd be shocked if they dont become a very good pace trio in the next 5+ years for the Windies. World cricket NEEDS them to be good, we need a revival of very good pace attacks man...
I'd be shocked if Taylor and Edwards are fit to play more than every other Test for the next 5+ years.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Are their injury records that bad?
Taylor's is very bad. He debuted as a teenager and was ruled out with a long term injury after 3-4 Tests. Many, including myself, speculated that he would never recover to fulfill his potential. He did recover and he did look a special bowler again, but has had a couple of minor injuries since then and now has been injured for most of this year.

As for Edwards, I just get the feeling that this serious injury he's been out with of late is going to haunt him. As tends to happen with fast bowlers.

Athlai

Not Terrible
"Very good" at this present moment is stretching it rather. Taylor is decent, Edwards much-improved from what he was but still far from outstanding, Roach is very interesting but not yet possessed of all that much more than potential.
Besides your impressions of Taylor with him running over England, I've been more impressed with Edwards than Taylor in the last year or so. Looks a completely different bowler to when I first saw him.