• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India In West Indies

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
A form flip for the Indians?

Anyway, Harbhajan and Praveen have a lot to prove out here; they have a lot more time in the middle.

ret

International Debutant
We don't know. Ishant came in rather late, bowled only five overs in the last match, but it's not so much his own skill as what his opposite number is doing. Besides, RP Singh was in great form in the IPL but couldn't replicate that form in the World T20 and was smashed all around in the previous match. Nehra was in decent form but went for a little too many in the last match. To take a batting example, Rohit Sharma was running hot until the IPL, and since, he's been a liability, so sometimes, form isn't everything.
Wouldn't it be better if you took in to how many wkts RP and Nehra have picked up and how many games they played vs the number of games that Ishant?

And as I said before I don't look at the potential on paper but how they are playing at the moment. Ishant neither has been bowling up to his potential nor been as effective as others [So while you are criticizing others, you are overlooking the fact that Ishant has been at the bottom of the pack] .... A rest will hopefully make Ishant get back in to his groove sooner

Praveen didn't get a run so it will be interesting to see how he goes. He may do well or may not but he there is no harm in giving him an opportunity ahead of someone who appears to be 'struggling' atm

Xuhaib

International Coach
We don't know. Ishant came in rather late, bowled only five overs in the last match, but it's not so much his own skill as what his opposite number is doing. Besides, RP Singh was in great form in the IPL but couldn't replicate that form in the World T20 and was smashed all around in the previous match. Nehra was in decent form but went for a little too many in the last match. To take a batting example, Rohit Sharma was running hot until the IPL, and since, he's been a liability, so sometimes, form isn't everything.
Son IPL is not high quality cricket yes each side has 4-5 stars but rest of the stuff is pretty rubbish. Any competition that throws up Sohail Tanvir as the best bowler should be questioned for its quality.

Xuhaib

International Coach
India should start getting serious with Rohit Sharma, yes its all very pleasing to look good at the crease but at the end of the day its the runs that count. Pakistan made the same mistake with Sami hoping that eventually the potential will turn in to results and all that happened was he lost his confidence due to repeated failures and had to be discarded.

ret

International Debutant
Why not? On form, he is worth a try, and he offers a lot more than those opening lately.
because he is better at number 4 .... there is Karthik who did well in the last game and Vijay can come in to open. Badri who bats up the order can come in for Rohit at 3

the one below would be my 11 for the last two games

Vijay
Karthik
Badri
Yuvi
Dhoni
YP
Nayar / Bhajji
Praveen
RP
Nehra
Ojha

G.I.Joe

International Coach
From cricinfo:

"Bala on Dhoni : "here's some info. In ODIs his most recent scores read 41,9,68,23*,84*,53,94,35*,23,61*,50 In 11 of his Innings he has scored 50+ 6 times.His Series averages read 68.18, 98.39, 88.96, 81.14, 77.51, 91.34, 107.31 So pls quit whining !""

Those are insane averages.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Dhoni is a champ only if someone can hang around with him we still can have a game on our hands.

Last edited:

ret

International Debutant
Son IPL is not high quality cricket yes each side has 4-5 stars but rest of the stuff is pretty rubbish. Any competition that throws up Sohail Tanvir as the best bowler should be questioned for its quality.
I think IPL is being used as a medium to compare form of the players playing in slightly tougher environment than other domestic tourneys .... For many Indians, it is one of the means to judge the potential of players and also a key tourney. Can't understand your post on quality as I think teams like Delhi have the ability to beat some of the international sides like Pak

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think IPL is being used as a medium to compare form of the players playing in slightly tougher environment than other domestic tourneys .... For many Indians, it is one of the means to judge the potential of players and also a key tourney. Can't understand your post on quality as I think teams like Delhi have the ability to beat some of the international sides like Pak
yeah maybe our A team :P

ret

International Debutant
India should start getting serious with Rohit Sharma, yes its all very pleasing to look good at the crease but at the end of the day its the runs that count. Pakistan made the same mistake with Sami hoping that eventually the potential will turn in to results and all that happened was he lost his confidence due to repeated failures and had to be discarded.
Yup repeated failures can hurt a player's confidence .... and that's why when one appears to be struggling it's better to rest him thus allowing him the opportunity to introspect and get back in to his groove soon

Rohit has good potential though and did pretty well in the tri-series in Australia. Hopefully he will come back stronger .... But this was a good opportunity for him to make a mark as when some of the regulars come back, it may become difficult for him to get in to the 11