• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Direct

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
Cricket Direct, from first impressions they seem like a shocking company. I've got a bat a helmet and some gloves on order so far, and they have been for about a month, nothing. No e-mails nothing. And when you ring them up they say it will be dispatched in the coming week, my arse. I'm thinking of cancelling my order, but am starting to doubt weather they would actually end up giving a refund. Does anyone else have experiences dealing with this company? Any responses would be really helpful.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They can't not give you your money back if you cancel - ring them and ask to speak to a supervisor

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I ordered from them last year.
A Bat, bag, gloves and pads took neraly 2 1/2 months. If I were to recommend a company it would be Owzat.

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
I ordered from them last year.
A Bat, bag, gloves and pads took neraly 2 1/2 months. If I were to recommend a company it would be Owzat.
They are so poor, on the exact same day I put my Cricket Direct order in I ordered some pads from a company called V-Sports, dispatched the next day arrived in next to no time, 2 days later I think. The foriegn people on the phone always annoyed me aswell, I'm sure they're nice people but it would help if they spoke some decent english, that is of course when you get through to them after a 10 minute wait.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never ordered with V sports but have heard that they are generally efficient.
I know that when they put on their sale a l;ittle while bag they had troubles keeping up with items that were becoming out of stock and updating the website etc.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
V have been excellent when I've used them.

Cricket Direct took 6 weeks to deliver me keeping gloves having finally worked out that if they didn't have the 2007 version then they probably should have sent me the 2008 version unprompted.

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
No sooner had I cancelled my Cricket Direct order, when the very next day (today infact), the items are delivered. Of course, all but one are incorrect so i'll have to send them back. 8-)

chris t

Cricket Spectator
This company has the worst after sales customer service I have ever encountered and I would never use them again.
Please warn everyone you know never to buy from them as they are very polite and seemingly obliging but totally useless and unreliable. I feel so strongly about this that I was seriously considering emailing every UK cricket club to ask them to warn their members about this company.

We bought a bat in October for my son's birthday at the beginning of December - not delivered till mid December so it became his Xmas present. He didn't use it till April, used it for a few practice sessions and a couple of games and a large piece of wood splintered off the bat. It took me a week to get an email reply from them asking me to send it back - returns process would take 10-14 days. A month later I'd had no communication so I emailed them - no reply. I them started ringing them and spent an infuriating two and a half weeks ringing every day and being promised return calls etc that never came. Eventually I was given 60% of the price of the original bat as discount against the purchase of a new bat (the original was a Woodworm and they are now in liquidation). It took another 3 phone calls to actually get the replacement bat ordered as every one my son chose was out of stock! I am now praying that the bat arrives in the next couple of days because I never want to have to speak to anyone at that company again.

Don't ever try the customer services number - no-one ever answers. You need to ring sales and the non 0800 numbers are: 01727736954, 01727736958, 01727736960. Three people work on these numbers - Tharic, Tim and Godwin. Their immediate manager is Mr Siva who is the elusive pimernel when you need to speak to him and is always "not in the office".

chris t

Cricket Spectator
Just to say that the bat arrived a couple of days later so the matter is over - thank goodness. Never again!

When my husband checked his accounts he realised they had charged £6.35 for next day delivery - no delivery charge was mentioned when the order was placed. We naturally assumed postage, as not mentioned, would be a goodwill gesture - WRONG.

mavaw

Cricket Spectator
Cricket Direct are Rubbish

Cricket Direct are Rubbish!
Avoid them at all cost because their customer service is appalling, staff extremely incompetent and there is no guarantee that you will receive your item or refund promptly.
I ordered a LE GM Duplex bag and a 505 shoulder bag about 2 months ago. I was assured that these items were in stock and I would receive the items in 3-4 days time. I called when the items never arrived and thank goodness kept the order number only to be told that the items had not been dispatched, there was no LE duplex bag in stock and more worryingly that it would have gone to a completely random person with a totally different address to the one I provided had it been dispatched! Shocking.
Getting a refund has been a complete nightmare with stuff up after stuff up. ILike I said it has been close to 2 months since I first put in the order and I am yet to receive my full refund.
This is the first thread I have ever posted because I feel strongly about this.
I have dealt with Barrington Sports (Ravi Bopara pads which are supurb btw) and Fordham Sports (Newberry Merlin shoulder bag) in the past and highly highly recommend these two Only reason i decided to go with Cricket Direct this time was because they alledgedly had the LE GM Duplex bag while the others had all sold out. Well never again and I hope you guys do not make the same mistake either. This guys are rubbish