• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gautam "Gauti" Gambhir : Whaddaplaya!!!

martin88

Banned
Since his comeback after a poor first 3 years in International cricket, when he made 692 runs in 23 innings in 14 tests @ 32.95 with just a lone 100 against the Bangladeshis, he has completely turned himself around.

Since 2008, the gutsy Gauti has played in 11 test matches, no minnows, and has made 1579 runs in 22 innings @ 75.19. This includes 5 hundreds and 7 fifties. He has made runs against every team, Aus, Eng, SL and NZ, and has been prolific both Home and Away, averaging 82 and 68 respectively. He has come good on almost all conditions under all circumstances, as demonstrated by his sterling averages of 86 and 63 in the 3rd and 4th innings of a test match respectively in this period. He has made more runs in the second innings of India than 1st innings and at a better average (81 to 70) which speaks volumes about the leaps this player has made in World Cricket.

I think arguably he is the best opener in the game right now in World Cricket.

OnDrive

Cricket Spectator
True. Definitely among the best openers as of now in world cricket.
What I like about him is that he can adapt to the situation - can be a very aggressive player, as well as a Dravid-like patient grafter.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has the most elegant elbow extension of any batsman I've ever seen.

Last edited:

OnDrive

Cricket Spectator
I think he will end up as one of the best openers ever in the history of Test cricket.
Perhaps a bit early to say that. Sample size not large enough. :unsure:

Last edited:

martin88

Banned
Yeah also Hussey almost as good as Bradman.
Absurd and irrelevant argument so unfunny and stupid that my fingers are revolting with my brain to type these out.

I said he might become one of the best openers in World cricket of all time. I did not say he has already become one. He has surely the potential and has not yet got anything against becoming that right now.

inbox24

International Debutant
Fortunately he didn't play in Australia during the last tumultuous series down under. Hate to say it but he probably would have made a difference and India would have won.

martin88

Banned
Fortunately he didn't play in Australia during the last tumultuous series down under. Hate to say it but he probably would have made a difference and India would have won.
A point worth pondering really. He could have done eons better than Wasim Crapper for sure.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Yeah if he and Sehwag had been playing things could have been different

In AU should have been

Gambhir
Sehwag
Laxman (at 3 in AUS)
Tendulkar
Dravid
Ganguly
Dhoni

thierry henry

International Coach
Is it just me or is there something a little weird about the way he swings the bat? He always seems very "stiff-armed" to me. It always surprises me that he is so successful at charging down the wicket to spinners, because he seems to have his arms prematurely locked in to position. Hard to explain but just a random thing I noticed.

irfan

State Captain
Is it just me or is there something a little weird about the way he swings the bat? He always seems very "stiff-armed" to me. It always surprises me that he is so successful at charging down the wicket to spinners, because he seems to have his arms prematurely locked in to position. Hard to explain but just a random thing I noticed.
Totally AWTA with the stiff armed thing - I noticed that too. I think it enables him to keep his shape and not limply poke at the ball - seems to work to great effect too.

funnygirl

State Regular
He has got great temperament and attitude to improve his own game. As for his technique,i don't why,he looks kind of unsettled even after scoring a century .There is some lack of assurance in his batting . I can't confidently say that this guy is settled even after a century.Not the kind like Sehwag,he is aggressive .Gambhir will be defensive in his approach yet unsettled.