Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Test Draft II

Test Draft II

Well I think that most of us want another draft - possibly with a variant of some kind?

I'm a bit torn as to where I want to go with it though - I think that a draft with loads of committed drafters would be great, to get deeper into the pool of players, but if there were people that kept needing to get skipped, then it would take ages for the people at the ends of the drafts to pick.

So, yeah, sign-up and suggest any variants or ideas you have
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

I'm in, however I probably won't be able to start until Monday morning Aussie time, so if I get drafter early, put me down the list a bit.

My suggestion is that we go through all the other drafts from the past month and exclude all players who have been selected. What do you say?

I unsurprisingly will be in. Rather than excluding swathes of players I'd prefer the challenge lie is selection criteria that make the strategy of who you pick when more challenging. The mystery draft was really good like that. I tend to find the different ways drafters try to put their team together and how they try to balance their teams more interesting than their knowledge of obscure players - that is interesting, just less so than the other things I mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Already? Kind of devalues the efforts put into the first one. I'd prefer to wait a few months. If this is going ahead anyway, why not just stipulate that participants may not pick anyone they've already picked in the first draft. Would be a relative advantage to new participants at the cost of the original ones, but it makes it interesting for the latter.

Maybe we could poll drafters as to the top five-eight players they think are available. The most commonly nominated players are then reserved until the last three rounds. ie if we have 6 people playing maybe the 18 most nominated players are off limits til Round 9, and maybe further, the 6 most nom'd players out of those 18 are banned until round 11.

To make it even more interesting, we could get someone neutral to collate those noms and then not tell us what the results are. We have to guess who's been reserved, and if you pick a nominated played too early, you get moved to last pick in that round. Then adds an element of strategy - I think Imran would be off limits, but would suspect that Flintoff is available straightaway. Do I wait til round 9 to get my allrounder, or get the best one I think us available now? And if I get it wrong about their availability my pick gets moved back.

Means we'll be forced to build teams without the usual suspects as the first players in place and will make the last few rounds a mad scramble.

I like the idea of not being able to re-draft people...

EDIT: Matt, I love you, you're a genius.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    First Class draft imo...
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Maybe we could poll drafters as to the top five-eight players they think are available. The most commonly nominated players are then reserved until the last three rounds. ie if we have 6 people playing maybe the 18 most nominated players are off limits til Round 9, and maybe further, the 6 most nom'd players out of those 18 are banned until round 11.

To make it even more interesting, we could get someone neutral to collate those noms and then not tell us what the results are. We have to guess who's been reserved, and if you pick a nominated played too early, you get moved to last pick in that round. Then adds an element of strategy - I think Imran would be off limits, but would suspect that Flintoff is available straightaway. Do I wait til round 9 to get my allrounder, or get the best one I think us available now? And if I get it wrong about their availability my pick gets moved back.

Means we'll be forced to build teams without the usual suspects as the first players in place and will make the last few rounds a mad scramble.
    If you include pre WW1 players there would be quite a few all rounders left to pick better then Flintoff.

International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    I'd really like to be in in.

I know I don't post here heaps, but knowing I'm in a draft, I'd be commited to it.

99*
    In. Yes I'm in one of these drafts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    She tells me the thing will flatten out, I say "Like your chest?" Bad mistake.

Meh, was an example off the top of my head tbh. And maybe I was talking ODIs..

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Always keen to take part.

I missed the first, I'm not missing another.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Interested to give one of these draft things a go.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

International 12th Man
    I'm in if theirs still space left

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information