• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Dissector

International Debutant
And Kallis is out. Big wicket and I think it evens the game quite a lot. If it stays close I will probably watch the last 10 overs.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lol at the commentary in this match...the SA comms used to be good, they've been diabolical. Talking about the Loughlin catch as though it was a simple chance (well after realising it hadn't sailed in to the crowd as they'd first thought)...sky sports had to cut to the studio to talk about how awesome it was.

Not sure who's on at the moment, but they are probably the worst duo

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Lol at the commentary in this match...the SA comms used to be good, they've been diabolical. Talking about the Loughlin catch as though it was a simple chance (well after realising it hadn't sailed in to the crowd as they'd first thought)...sky sports had to cut to the studio to talk about how awesome it was.

Not sure who's on at the moment, but they are probably the worst duo
I've got Walsh and some woman.

Was a great catch, made it look so easy.

PowerPlay taken.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Terrific series of one day cricket. Fantastic match to end this marathon run of Australia v South Africa games. South Africa is clearly the number 1 outfit in the world. But credit to Australia for managing to pull back a couple of games.

Disappointing performance all-round from the Australian batsmen. Nobody really looked in great form, struggling to stamp any authority on the game. Biggest bonus was the continued development of Callum Ferguson, he is really looking the goods at this level. Shows a level head when batting, hits the gaps well.

Johnson continues to show why he is developing into the most dangerous bowler in the world. Kept his pace up all series, only Australian bowler who really looked likely to make a breakthrough. I'm sure South Africa will be quite happy not to face anymore of him for awhile.

I hope the selectors persist with Nathan Hauritz. Will benefit by being given the confidence of a more permanent spot. Australian fans need to realise he is the best spin bowling option we have. He is never going to be the flashy, exciting type, but he is consistent and does the basics of off-spin bowling so well.

From South Africa, well exciting to see Gibbs still possess some of his old ability. Nothing in world cricket is more intimidating than a Herschelle Gibbs going after the bowlers. He remains one of the game’s premier game-breaking type of batsmen, someone Australia does not possess.

Terrific last four months of cricket between these two nations. Close contests, little bad-feeling between sides, emergence of some future stars of the game.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And with that we end one of the most hard fought and well matched summers of cricket that I've been lucky enough to witness. It really has been a fantastic summer of cricket, moreso in the tests than the ODI games.

I really think that Smith in particular will be happy to see the back of Johnson.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I agree with both of the posts above me.

I would also like to add Brad Haddin's batting. He's had a great summer with the bat, very good to see.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thank God Symonds is back and we don't have to put up with the mediocrity that is David Hussey anymore. At least let's hope so.

pasag

RTDAS
I think last night highlighted one of the issues with our ODI batting, no one seems to be able to go one and get big scores anymore. Our middle order has been so average since Symonds went missing. He was one of the best ever and that's becoming more clear by the day.

Hussey's knock was really, really good. 250 looked like a possibility at one stage but he stuck in there and was probably the difference between the two teams in the end, like the first match.

Great season of cricket. It's not often that you play 20 matches of cricket against an opposition and not get completely bored of their faces, but with SA I wouldn't have minded if the tour went for another month. If only the ODIs were a little bit less one sided.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hussey's knock was really, really good. 250 looked like a possibility at one stage but he stuck in there and was probably the difference between the two teams in the end, like the first match.
Awta. His innings actually completely transformed when he batted with the tail though. He was so nervous and edgy at the start, but when Johnson came in he seemed to forget about all the pressure and batted superbly.

Roebuck still calling him to be dropped though, aswell as Bracken. :WHEREISSARAHCONNOR:

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Roebuck still calling him to be dropped though, aswell as Bracken. :WHEREISSARAHCONNOR:
In fairness, Nathan Bracken has had a shocking series. I wouldn't drop him yet, though.

Dropping Michael Hussey (in ODI's, anyway) is still a ridiculous thought, but dropping his brother would seem logical.

Oh, congratulations to SA. A good win for us last night, but we should've won the big moments.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
In fairness, Nathan Bracken has had a shocking series. I wouldn't drop him yet, though.

Dropping Michael Hussey (in ODI's, anyway) is still a ridiculous thought, but dropping his brother would seem logical.

Oh, congratulations to SA. A good win for us last night, but we should've won the big moments.
He's got a poor record against South Africa, period. Bowled well last night though, best for sometime and he even got the ball to swing.

Aside from the 20/20 WC, there isn't much (or any) cricket South Africa now plays until the Champions Trophy. Though, Zimbabwe and India hope they will participate in a triangular tournament in the summer but none of the players and coach fancy going to Zim.