• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mo Yo goes ICL

rooey123

Banned
shame on the bcci

thanks to the monoply the power hungry BCCI are starting to create in the cricketing world, we the cricket fans will have to miss out on quality players like yousuf, bond and the likes. Tours are under jeopardy like which is evident with the now cancelled sri lanka test tour of england next year. Now another farce i believe is the so called champions league. i agree thats where the future of the game lies in the money sense, but i think they should atleast first fully develop the IPL which is far from perfect. like a fat greedy kid they got a piece of the pie and now they want the whole thing but i say they cant have it, well atleast not yet. Not until they focus their resources to develop other areas of the game first. why they dont they perfect one new concept like the IPL and then seek other tenures. atleast let the franchises build a fan base for a few years and then consider something like the champions league so that way there is more meaning to it. and also by the then it gives them time to coordinate these 20/20 fiascos with the international schedule.

another major problem is that the ICL is pulling a lot of the young grass root players straight from the indian domestic scene therefore making them ineligible to play for india. shame really what they are really doing is narrowing their own player pools. and there are some talented blokes in the ICL, ones for the future. the BBCI need to find some kind of arrangement with the ICL and IPL. how bout the IPL be div 1 and ICL be div 2 and play their matches at the same time and at the at the end of the season the bottom two teams from the IPL get relegated to the ICL and the top two teams from the ICL get promoted to the IPL. ofcourse they would need to have some kind of merger for this to happen but i think it could work. not only does it provide an incentive for teams to play better and avoid be relegated or try and earn a promotion it also frees time on the international calendar since the leagues would be played at the same time.

i hope i made sense. i know i repeated myself with a lot of run on sentences but this isnt english class.

oh can we start a petition to send to the commentator team to get rid if gavaskar. you all know what i mean its embarrasing really. look he may have scored many runs and knows the game but i fear he has lost it. and you can tell others on the commentary team secretly think he is a joke as well. thankyou and godbless.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The ICC is not a govorning body, that is and always has been a complete fallacy. The ICC is controlled by the national boards - and thanks to the BCCI's clout, it basically has the power to gain the support of enough other national boards to essentially have complete control.

There is nothing any ICC executive could have done about the matter. ICC executives do not run the game, the ICC board does (and the BCCI have a monopoly over the board).

Well yea when i said the ICC i do mean the board. But this is the weird thing, i don't understand how the BCCI has been able to get such a monopoly over nation board in recent years?.

The IPL clearly wasn't thought out properly, is has been all about the money for those idiots now, they are going to kill test cricket. Cricket will be needing an Obama soon..

Precambrian

Banned
thanks to the monoply the power hungry BCCI are starting to create in the cricketing world, we the cricket fans will have to miss out on quality players like yousuf, bond and the likes. Tours are under jeopardy like which is evident with the now cancelled sri lanka test tour of england next year. Now another farce i believe is the so called champions league. i agree thats where the future of the game lies in the money sense, but i think they should atleast first fully develop the IPL which is far from perfect. like a fat greedy kid they got a piece of the pie and now they want the whole thing but i say they cant have it, well atleast not yet. Not until they focus their resources to develop other areas of the game first. why they dont they perfect one new concept like the IPL and then seek other tenures. atleast let the franchises build a fan base for a few years and then consider something like the champions league so that way there is more meaning to it. and also by the then it gives them time to coordinate these 20/20 fiascos with the international schedule.

another major problem is that the ICL is pulling a lot of the young grass root players straight from the indian domestic scene therefore making them ineligible to play for india. shame really what they are really doing is narrowing their own player pools. and there are some talented blokes in the ICL, ones for the future. the BBCI need to find some kind of arrangement with the ICL and IPL. how bout the IPL be div 1 and ICL be div 2 and play their matches at the same time and at the at the end of the season the bottom two teams from the IPL get relegated to the ICL and the top two teams from the ICL get promoted to the IPL. ofcourse they would need to have some kind of merger for this to happen but i think it could work. not only does it provide an incentive for teams to play better and avoid be relegated or try and earn a promotion it also frees time on the international calendar since the leagues would be played at the same time.

i hope i made sense. i know i repeated myself with a lot of run on sentences but this isnt english class.

oh can we start a petition to send to the commentator team to get rid if gavaskar. you all know what i mean its embarrasing really. look he may have scored many runs and knows the game but i fear he has lost it. and you can tell others on the commentary team secretly think he is a joke as well. thankyou and godbless.
"Lol" at some of the points, but regarding IPL and ICL, I see you have a point. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen.

Craig

World Traveller
How the hell does Pakistan let itself get into this mess? I feel sorry for the geniune Pakistani supporters on here.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
How the hell does Pakistan let itself get into this mess? I feel sorry for the geniune Pakistani supporters on here.
The answers lie in the realm of politics, so we had better not go there for the sake of our sanity. :-O

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well yea when i said the ICC i do mean the board. But this is the weird thing, i don't understand how the BCCI has been able to get such a monopoly over nation board in recent years?.
Because the PCB and SLC (and the BCB and ZCU who are unworthy of a seat at the top table) are all in thrall to them, and thus will always side with them. Given I$C$C has 11 full members, that's 5 votes already guaranteed, so it requires just 1 more for a majority, which obviously is rarely going to be difficult to find.
The IPL clearly wasn't thought out properly, is has been all about the money for those idiots now, they are going to kill test cricket. Cricket will be needing an Obama soon..
The IPL may have been thoroughly rushed, but in time if all parties make enough effort it can be slotted in as easily as it could have had it been less rushed.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
Because the PCB and SLC (and the unworthy Bangladeshis and Zimbabweans) are all in thrall to them, and thus will always side with them. Given I$C$C has 11 full members, that's 5 votes already guaranteed, so it requires just 1 more for a majority, which obviously is rarely going to be difficult to find.

The IPL may have been thoroughly rushed, but in time if all parties make enough effort it can be slotted in as easily as it could have had it been less rushed.
Mate, I understand what you're meaning, but don't equate the Boards with the countrymen. BCB and ZCB would be better usage imo.

chalky

International Debutant
Just watching the ICL game between Pakistan (Lahore) & Chennai Mohammed Yousuf is playing, over 50,000 fans at Ahmedabad & the place is rocking.

Judging by this you can't blame Yousuf for taking the decision to join the ICL especially if he isn't going to get any home international cricket.

chalky

International Debutant
Zee music channel - have a "special" cable box which gets all the subscription channels