• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah. Not sure what Anthony Stuart is thinking with this batting line up. Its like having eleven Ronnie Irani equivalents.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah. Not sure what Anthony Stuart is thinking with this batting line up. Its like having eleven Ronnie Irani equivalents.
What do you think about Nevin opening? Personally I'd have just let Bell open the innings with Fleming and leave Nevin as a finisher. Franklin at 5

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What do you think about Nevin opening? Personally I'd have just let Bell open the innings with Fleming and leave Nevin as a finisher. Franklin at 5
Nevin can be highly destructive and on occasions having him open will pay off, but given the match situation it can certainly be described as a failure. I really don't understand why they feel the need to shuffle the order like a deck of cards.

Athlai

Not Terrible
160 isn't bad, thank goodness for Franklin and Woodcock the only decent bits and pieces players in the team.

Flem274*

123/5
Jimmy is an allrounder and Woodcock is a bowler that can bat a bit. Bits and pieces=substandard bowler and batsman like Bowden, Noema-Barnett etc

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jimmy is an allrounder and Woodcock is a bowler that can bat a bit. Bits and pieces=substandard bowler and batsman like Bowden, Noema-Barnett etc
I wouldn't quite call Franklin an allrounder till he's back at his peak again. Meanwhile I'd say Woodcock is an okay bowling allrounder.