• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Redmond's taking Bond to the cleaners now though. I don't care that McIntosh scored a century in his place, I still don't think SoR should have been dropped.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry didn't realise it was that time of the month ITBT.
Not at all. I just think it's an child-like, naive view of the world, considering the other provinces are no different, and Otago have even fewer playing resources to call on.

It's probably best you support Wellington solely from now on. :cool:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not at all. I just think it's an child-like, naive view of the world, considering the other provinces are no different, and Otago have even fewer playing resources to call on.

It's probably best you support Wellington solely from now on. :cool:
It was an observation jeez you get defensive. The opening bowlers from Otago who had removed Canterbury's top 4 were foreigners. I wasn't saying 'lolz otago sucks because they're using guys from elsewhere' just noting the Jarpie/Pom attack.

Flem274*

123/5
Hmmm, so the imports are:

Auckland: Steve Croft (does De Grandholmme count?)

Tuffey, Styris stolen off ND. Martin from Canterbury. Hopkins from Otago.

ND: Merchant taken from Aussie. Parlane originally from ND iirc. Scott from Otago.

CD: Sherlock from Canterbury.

Wellington: Napier. Elliott from SA (but now qualified). Ryder from CD. Bell from ND.

Canterbury: Myburgh, Van Wyk. Had half of Otago at one stage but most of it went back.

Otago: Wagner, Butler, Mascarenhas, had to steal back Broom, McCullum and Redmond from Canterbury (good on them).

Think thats it. Might be a few more. Looks as if the two Districts use the most homegrown players.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
You were noting it in direct reply to me supporting my team by referring to them by their given name - the Otago Volts. Oozed of petty troll behaviour befitting a Wellingtonian. :(

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmm, so the imports are:

Auckland: Steve Croft (does De Grandholmme count?)

Tuffey, Styris stolen off ND. Martin from Canterbury. Hopkins from Otago.

ND: Merchant taken from Aussie. Parlane originally from ND iirc. Scott from Otago.

CD: Sherlock from Canterbury.

Wellington: Napier. Elliott from SA (but now qualified). Ryder from CD. Bell from ND.

Canterbury: Myburgh, Van Wyk. Had half of Otago at one stage but most of it went back.

Otago: Wagner, Butler, Mascarenhas, had to steal back Broom, McCullum and Redmond from Canterbury (good on them).

Think thats it. Might be a few more. Looks as if the two Districts use the most homegrown players.

Broom and Redmond were Cantabrians to begin with - although I believe Redmond was actually in Perth as a teenager. McCullum mainly went to Canterbury because his father, Stu, was working up there for a while.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You were noting it in direct reply to me supporting my team by referring to them by their given name - the Otago Volts. Oozed of petty troll behaviour befitting a Wellingtonian. :(
No offense was intended soz buddy.

Otago > Wellington in List A cricket

Wellington>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Otago in real cricket [/Wellington troll]

Natman20

International Debutant
Final underway. ND opted to leave out Flynn, interesting but good to see. Stick with the players that got you to the position you're in is a good strategy prob.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yovich bails northern out with a quite excellent 78*. Still, 239 should be quite gettable, even if Otago are w/o McCullum, Broom and Cumming.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yovich's innings is looking so important now - two wickets in three overs has left Otago in huge trouble at 5/80, still plenty of overs left but 160 to win with just five wickets in hand will be an awefully tough ask for the Volts.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Turned into Butler vs ND in the end...pretty average stuff from Otago with the bat, dismissed by some terrible shots and a flawed batting approach in the middle overs that really cost them.