• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Build-up to Indian Domestic Season 2008-09

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
yeah....yeah......cheers......Haryana have almost won it against Goa....

Haryana (1st Innings) - 287 all out (Sunny Singh 50 , Mishra 49)
Goa (1st Innings) - 190 all out (Ratra 51, Jitender Billa 5 wickets)

Haryana (2nd Innings) - 252 for 7 (Dhruv Singh 68* , Mishra 64* , R.D'souza 2 wickets)

Haryana lead by 349 runs.

Mishra is slowly becoming an all-rounder......:)

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
What do you know about Sachin Rana? And Sumit Narwal?
Here are their stats :-

Sumit Narwal

Batting:- Mat Inn Runs HS Ave 100 50

FC 15 20 507 137 26.68 1 1

List A 12 9 103 29* 12.87 0 0

Bowling:- Mat Balls Runs Wkts BBI Ave

FC 15 2633 1162 45 5/103 25.82

List A 12 582 479 14 2/27 34.21

Sachin Rana

Batting:- Mat Inn Runs HS Ave 100 50

FC 27 46 1447 132 32.88 3 7

List A 24 21 526 73 27.68 0 2

Bowling :- Mat Balls Runs Wkts BBI Ave

FC 27 3708 1569 67 5/32 23.41

List A 24 934 748 19 3/33 39.36

S u can see both are good all-rounders....:)

Precambrian

Banned
yeah....yeah......cheers......Haryana have almost won it against Goa....

Haryana (1st Innings) - 287 all out (Sunny Singh 50 , Mishra 49)
Goa (1st Innings) - 190 all out (Ratra 51, Jitender Billa 5 wickets)

Haryana (2nd Innings) - 252 for 7 (Dhruv Singh 68* , Mishra 64* , R.D'souza 2 wickets)

Haryana lead by 349 runs.

Mishra is slowly becoming an all-rounder......:)
Mishy :notworthy:

What about Joginder Sharma? Why he's not played in the Ranji so far?

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Oh ****. One of my favorite allrounders. Haryana seem to be having an influx of them these days.
yeah....one of mine fav. also........

Haryana are also loosing players this season like Zimbabwe.......Rawat joined Railways.....

Joginder injured .............Shafiq Khan also left....:mellow:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Narwal belongs to Haryana.....but currently playing for Delhi.......medium pace bowler
We haven't seen an all-rounder play for Delhi for a long time until now, with both Bhatia andNarwal in the mix. That's the kind of player Delhi have missed for long, despite having an otherwise strong side.
Sachin Rana is from Gurgaon.......& an important player for Haryana........a very good all-rounder......

scored 121 and 99 in same FC Match and also took 5 wickets.......2 years ago.... 121 was scored at no. 9.........and 99 at no.3...:)
Once he was an extra, and some 'mystery all-rounder' when Joginder used to be a frontline all-rounder then. Now he seems to be outperforming his more famous teammate. Have you seen him play? How is he, compared to Joginder? Mishra scoring runs is a good sign and should be tapped to make a very strong lower order.
He's injured........will miss the whole season:mellow:
That will be two whole seasons he's missed. At one point of time, I thought he got transferred elsewhere.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah....one of mine fav. also........

Haryana are also loosing players this season like Zimbabwe.......Rawat joined Railways.....

Joginder injured .............Shafiq Khan also left....:mellow:
Well, their players have their sights set on a place in the Indian team, and they don't believe they'll get it if they play in the Plate league, hence this exodus. Actually, competition in the Plate league is a lot stronger than in Elite, as has been observed.

I've put up a link to an article in HT about the Haryana team going hi-tech. What do you think of it? Maybe technology trying to get more out of a relatively ordinary team? Let's just hope they make good use of it, unlike Delhi.

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Once he was an extra, and some 'mystery all-rounder' when Joginder used to be a frontline all-rounder then. Now he seems to be outperforming his more famous teammate. Have you seen him play? How is he, compared to Joginder?

The Haryana homeground is not even 10 kilometres away from my home.........
but i haven't got much opportunies to go there bcoz of my hard studies......and also coz my parents hate cricket.........

but i went once after bunking school when i heard Sehwag and Gambhir were coming to play with Delhi team.......there i saw Rana.......his bats aggresively..........and his shot selection was really good......could not get any opportunity to see him bowling........but he is Right Arm medium fast...........on of my friends played against him in on off0season inter academy match.......

I will ask him the details when i meet him......:)

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Well, their players have their sights set on a place in the Indian team, and they don't believe they'll get it if they play in the Plate league, hence this exodus. Actually, competition in the Plate league is a lot stronger than in Elite, as has been observed.

I've put up a link to an article in HT about the Haryana team going hi-tech. What do you think of it? Maybe technology trying to get more out of a relatively ordinary team? Let's just hope they make good use of it, unlike Delhi.
Well i have met people associated with Haryana Cricket Association when i used to go for U-13 & U-15 trials...........they are not very optimistic........and are very old styled cricket people.......not very reluctant to do anything seriously good........

but i read that article on Cricinfo.........and very jhappy to see that they have atleast some good ideas now....

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Haryana homeground is not even 10 kilometres away from my home.........
but i haven't got much opportunies to go there bcoz of my hard studies......and also coz my parents hate cricket.........

but i went once after bunking school when i heard Sehwag and Gambhir were coming to play with Delhi team.......there i saw Rana.......his bats aggresively..........and his shot selection was really good......could not get any opportunity to see him bowling........but he is Right Arm medium fast...........on of my friends played against him in on off0season inter academy match.......

I will ask him the details when i meet him......:)
Don't try too hard...I often don't follow club games live...

I was a bit of a Haryana supporter because of Ratra, Joginder and Mishra, but was quite disappointed after they were relegated, and it went downhill after that. Young players who would come together well as a team, but now not doing too much, until lately.

Precambrian

Banned
Great to see some real discussion in this thread other than analysis of scorecards, thanks to Arjun and Jonty. Love to hear first hand accounts of players. Please make it a habit, so that we all could be enlightened given the sparse coverage that Indian domestic game gets these days.

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Great to see some real discussion in this thread other than analysis of scorecards, thanks to Arjun and Jonty. Love to hear first hand accounts of players. Please make it a habit, so that we all could be enlightened given the sparse coverage that Indian domestic game gets these days.
Thanks for the compliment bro.......:)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I might just push off for that Mumbai/Hyderabd tie at the MCA ground just to catch a glimpse. There's no Laxman or Ojha here in the match, and also n Tendulkar or Zaheer. That match was originally scheduled to start with the rest of the matches, but after 26/11, with Mumbai being host, they had to defer it to today. I'm not sure I'll be allowed to step in with security concerns so high. I'd like to see Waingankar (the seamer who ran through the England lineup) in action here, so I may go a little later.

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
I might just push off for that Mumbai/Hyderabd tie at the MCA ground just to catch a glimpse. There's no Laxman or Ojha here in the match, and also n Tendulkar or Zaheer. That match was originally scheduled to start with the rest of the matches, but after 26/11, with Mumbai being host, they had to defer it to today. I'm not sure I'll be allowed to step in with security concerns so high. I'd like to see Waingankar (the seamer who ran through the England lineup) in action here, so I may go a little later.
so u going to watch the match????........great dude ...people like u keep domestic cricket alive ..............:) enjoy

Precambrian

Banned
Hope you catch it mate. Surely they have nothing to worry from fans like you.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
All-rounders in this scene have got a lot of runs, but wickets have been scarce. The Pathans scored heavily, but in Maharashtra's second innings, only had a wicket each. Praveen Kumar was wicketless against Railways, who secured a draw. Sanjay Bangar, out of contention for a national team berth, scored 70 to save Railways against UP, after scalping two wickets for 27- only two for the match. The exceptions were Sachin Rana, who took five to skittle out Goa for 160 to win the match for Haryana, and Rajesh Pawar, who took four wickets to have a hand in Baroda's victory over Maharashtra. Both have scored little in this round.

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
The exceptions were Sachin Rana, who took five to skittle out Goa for 160 to win the match for Haryana.
yeah great win for Haryana.........Great bowling by Rana.........first real performance by him this season..........:)

Jitender Billa is also bowling very well...........took three wickets in the 2nd innings........against a good batting line of Goa containing Ratra and Asnodkar....

Good to see fast bowlers taking wickets this season.........:)