• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ACC Trophy (Elite) 2008

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Venue : Malaysia
Dates : July 25 to August 3, 2008

GROUP A: UAE, Afghanistan, Bahrain, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia
GROUP B: Hong Kong, Nepal, Singapore, Qatar, Kuwait

Match Schedule:

July 25
Qatar v Singapore at Bayuemas Oval
Malaysia v Bahrain at Kinrara Oval
Hong Kong v Nepal at Selangor Turf Club
Saudi Arabia v UAE at Royal Military College

July 26
Afghanistan v UAE at Bayuemas Oval
Kuwait v Singapore at Kinrara Oval
Bahrain v Saudi Arabia at Selangor Turf Club
Nepal v Qatar at Royal Military College

July 27
Hong Kong v Kuwait at Bayuemas Oval
Malaysia v Afghanistan at Selangor Turf Club

July 28
Bahrain v UAE at Bayuemas Oval
Nepal v Singapore at Kinrara Oval
Hong Kong v Qatar at Selangor Turf Club

July 29
Kuwait v Qatar at Bayuemas Oval
Afghanistan v Saudi Arabia at Kinrara Oval
Malaysia v UAE at Selangor Turf Club

July 30
Afghanistan v Bahrain at Bayuemas Oval
Malaysia v Saudi Arabia at Kinrara Oval
Kuwait v Nepal at Selangor Turf Club
Hong Kong v Singapore at Royal Military College

August 1
Semi-final 1 – A1 v B2 at Kinrara Oval
Semi-final 2 – A2 v B1 at Selangor Turf Club
5th/6th Playoff – A3 v B3 at Bayuemas Oval

August 2
3rd/4th Playoff – Losers SF1 v SF2 at Bayuemas Oval
7th/8th Playoff – A4 v B4 at Selangor Turf Club
9th/10th Playoff – A5 v B5 at Royal Military College

August 3
FINAL at Kinrara Oval

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Dias last trip with Nepali senior Team

In Cricket Talk — By Bhaarat on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nepali National cricket team headed to Srilanka for three practice matches programmed for 17, 18 and 21 of July on preparation for ACC Trophy 2008. Before departure to Srilanka, Nepali national team coach Roy Dias said to the media that it would likely to be his last visit with Nepali national team. He said that he had been in Nepal for seven years and its long time. He, however, said he would be until U-17 ACC Elite Cup scheduled for January 2009. Under Dias coaching Nepali national side has not produced any worthwhile result so far. It failed twice in qualifying tournaments for senior world cup. After gloomy performance in World Cup qualifying series Division II in 2005, Dias has been criticized by cricket fans and he has been in moral pressure.

It’s not the 1st time the srilakan former test player announced about his probable exit. In 2005, ahead of World Cup Qualifying series Division II, he had same statement. Then he had said that he said his players that his continuity with Nepali cricket team would depend on the performance in WCSQ Div II.

I hope Performance on ACC Trophy 2008 won’t affect the announcement Dias has made. I think that will be best for Nepali Cricket as well as Roy Luke Dias

haroon510

International 12th Man
another tournment that afghanistan can win.. the good news is that the more they win they get close to international cricket..

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
another tournment that afghanistan can win.. the good news is that the more they win they get close to international cricket..
My Support is for Afghanistan... Come on Guys 2004 - 6th, 2006 - 3rd, 2008 - Winner? This could be the great boost for them if they win ahead of WCL - DIV 4. Miss Oman in this tournament the once who are already qualified for WCQ are not in this tournament! Starange?

But frankly my guess:
1) UAE
2) Afghanistan
3) Nepal
4) Hongkong
5) Singapore
6) Malaysia
7) Kuwait
8) Qatar
9) Saudi Arabia
10) Bahrain

Last edited:

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Emiratis refuse UAE call-up

The Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) have suffered a blow in their bid to spread the game to the Arabic community after two of the most promising Emirati players boycotted their call-up to the national team.The ECB agreed a new directive earlier this year to select a quota of four Emirati players in every national squad.

However, only three UAE nationals – Mohammed Tauqir, Fahad al Hashmi and Salman Farooq – have been named in the tour party for the ACC Trophy in Malaysia later this month.

Alawi Shukri, 18, a batsman who was the fourth Emirati at the recent Asia Cup in Pakistan, and Jasim Suwaidi, 27, were also part of the initial 30-man Probables squad.

Yet both made themselves unavailable for the trip to Malaysia, claiming they would just be “making up the numbers to fill the quota”.

Shukri was angered by his treatment during the Asia Cup, where he made his national team debut against Sri Lanka batting at No 8, after carrying the drinks for the first game against Bangladesh.

He accused the ECB of giving lip-service to developing the game among his compatriots, suggesting the four-player quota only masks a fundamental malaise.

UAE squad
Khurran Khan (Captain), Mohammed Tauqir (Vice-captain), Amjad Ali, Arshad Ali, Rameez Shahzad, Saqib Ali, Shoaib Sarwar, Arshad Ali, Qasim Zubair, Zahid Shah, Shadeep Silva, Riaz Khaliq, Fahad al Hashmi, Salman Farooq.

Full Article

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
My Support is for Afghanistan... Come on Guys 2004 - 6th, 2006 - 3rd, 2008 - Winner? This could be the great boost for them if they win ahead of WCL - DIV 4. Miss Oman in this tournament the once who are already qualified for WCQ are not in this tournament! Starange?

But frankly my guess:
1) UAE
2) Afghanistan
3) Nepal
4) Hongkong
5) Singapore
6) Malaysia
7) Kuwait
8) Qatar
9) Saudi Arabia
10) Bahrain
I think you jump the band wagon a little, last time nepal and afganistan played you were going for nepal saying afganistan was weak or something similar.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I think you jump the band wagon a little, last time nepal and afganistan played you were going for nepal saying afganistan was weak or something similar.
I Know mate I ranked napel high in WCL but always supported Afghanistan... This time am happy to rank Afghanistan high but still UAE are good. Hope this time also am gonna be wrong & Afghanistan win the championship...

By the way there is also Euro Div 1 at the same time: My prediction for that -
1) Ireland
2) Scotland
3) Netherlands
4) Denmark
5) Italy
6) Norway

Last edited:

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Nepal in Sri Lanka

Practice Match I
Sri Lanka Cricket Colts XI won the toss and elected to field first.
Nepal: 248/7 (45o) (Sarad 54, Mahesh 52, Kanishka 43, Gyanendra 29, Shakti 28, Paras 26, Haroon Majood 4/58)
SLC Colts XI: 246/8 (45o)(Rajitha 51, Treven 45, Sarad 4/45)
Nepal won by 2 runs

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Omar Taj to lead Qatar in Malaysia event

The squad:
Omar Taj (captain), Muhammad Jehangir, Saleem Akhtar, Abbas Khan, Muhammad Asran, Anwar Uddin (vice-captain), Tamoor Sajjad, Zaheeruddin Ibrahim, Rusharat Ali, Imtinan Mirza, Faisal Noor, Usman Malik, Sardar Badshah, Haroon Abbasi.

Officials: Malik Nazar Muhammad (Manager), Shahasuddin al-Khaddas (Coach), Shashi Shekhar Patra (Physio).

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Singapore Squad

Chaminda Ruwan (Captain), Glenn Meyer, Syed Ali, Narender Reddy, Chetan Suryawanshi, Sagar Kulkarni, Vivek Vedagiri, Mohamed Shoib, Mohamed Rizwan, Christopher Janik, Buddhika Mendis, Dharmichand Mulewa, Munish Arora, Pramodh Raja.

Officials: Saad Janjua (Manager), M. Venkataramana (Coach), Goh Swee Heng (Trainer), Prasanna Agoram & Sandeep Kannambadi (Match Analyst)

http://www.cricket.org.sg/

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Hong Kong Squad

Tabarak Dar (Captain), Najeeb Amar (Vice Captain), Irfan Ahmed, Nadeem Ahmed, Muhammed Moner Dar, Jamie Atkinson, Butt Hussain, Zain Abbas, Ashish Gadhia, Muhammed Ilyas Gul, Shakeel Haq, Skhawat Ali, Zafran Ali, Niaz Ali.

Officials: Aftab Habib (Coach), Jawad Ashraf (Manager), Robert Lui (Physio).

The team will be leaving for Kuala Lumpur on 17th July for pre-tour training before the event. During the period, they will be playing 2 - 3 matches, 2 against the Malaysian national team and one against the local expats.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/hongkong/content/story/360337.html

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Nepal in Sri Lanka

Practice Match II
Sri Lanka Cricket XI: 173, 49.2ov (Binod 3/28, Sarad 2/31)
Nepal: 174/6, 45ov (Kaniskha 62, Shakti 47)
Nepal won by 4 Wickets

Efaz

U19 12th Man
Kuwait Squad

Hisham Mirza (Captain), Mustansar Hasan, Saud Qamar, Sabtain Raza, Abdul Rehman Liaqat, Saad Khalid, Mohammed Akhudzada, Murad Mohammed, Khalid Yameen, Mohammed Ahsan, Jagath Roshantha, Mohammed Javed, Faisal Nadeem, Nabeel Ahmed.

Officials: Emad Al Jassam (Manager), Tahir Khan (Coach), Murali Kutticode (Physio).

http://www.cricketkuwait.com/