• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Very good match this one right through. Run rate of 10 required of last 7 is steep but with 8 wickets remaining, not impossible. Should be tight.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Holy crap, crazy game. Thought it was an easy win for NSW at the start of the over, with 18 needed off 6, but good stuff from Borgas. 31* off 9 is insane.

Perm

Borgas gets the final runs, hitting three sixes of the last over to complete a memorable win for South Australia. 31* of 9 is amazing, as was Matthew Elliot's innings of 111 of 112 balls. Pity that Henriques got smashed around, still managed to grab two wickets

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Good game it seems between NSW and SA, i really think if the likes of Tait & Gillespie don't get international call-ups for the majority of the summer South Australia could win the Pura Cup

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
they should be, Cullen may get a few game in the VB series, while even if Bailey continues to improve this season, don't expect to see the lad in international colours.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Rogers and Norrrrrrthy carving up the Vics. 197* partnership. Our bowling attack is fairly ordinary, so a big total is needed really.

Hoggy31

International Captain
**** off our attack's ordinary. Eddo, Dorey and Magoffin are all guns.

WA killing VIC at stumps day 1, 2/359. Rogers 184*, North 103*. Might get down to have a look tomorrow if I can plow through the copious amount of homework I have tonight.

Alysum

U19 Debutant
Went to NSW SA today. Good game in miserable conditions. NSW seriously missed their good fast bowlers.
Great to see Hauritz take 2 wickets, including a first ball wicket! But they should have picked MacGill too...

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
According to ABC grandstand MacGill told NSW he would prefer to prepare for the 4 day game so he spent the weekend playing grade cricket instead.

Bracken ended up playing ahead of Johnson in the the tour game and got touched up. They are listing the entire squad as the team now so Katich may be playing as well.

Always good to see the Vics getting pummeled.

Mister Wright

Hauritz had the best bowling figures for NSW. Was he their best bowler? I didn't get to see the game.

How much longer can Victoria justify selecting Cameron White? He doesn't bowl enough overs and when he does bowl he is very ordinary and his batting is just not good enough.

Hoggy31

International Captain
I think you'll find Cam White is a gun batsman, he's been in sizzling form. He's also a gun slips fielder to add to that. His bowling is rank though, he should just give up on it.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Just watching the news, Andrew McDonald has the reddest hair Ive ever seen.

Alysum

U19 Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Hauritz had the best bowling figures for NSW. Was he their best bowler? I didn't get to see the game.

How much longer can Victoria justify selecting Cameron White? He doesn't bowl enough overs and when he does bowl he is very ordinary and his batting is just not good enough.
I went to the oval. he bowled well for the first 6 overs only conceding 17 runs I think with 2 wickets. First ball bowled Cosgrove, a beauty. Second wicket a full toss caught at deep straight cover. After he got smashed all over.

There's going to be a lot of competition for the spinners this year for NSW!
Kretja (spelling?) scored a ton in grade, perhaps he should be recalled...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Great Birtannia said:
According to ABC grandstand MacGill told NSW he would prefer to prepare for the 4 day game so he spent the weekend playing grade cricket instead.
I don't think MacGill is fully fit, he was really struggling when Uni played Manly last week. So i guess he is building his fitness playing grade cricket over two days, rather then a One Day match.