Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09***

U19 Debutant
    Corey Anderson is looking impressive. Did Trent Boult play?

International Vice-Captain
    No ICL players,have they been banned now.
    Surprised cam merchant staying in NZ,thought he would head back to NSW for a crack.
    I guess not many aussies coming down to NZ this seems a fairly new phenominen.
    At least he lasts 1 year more than dutchie holland did .

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Worldwide search for new black caps coach

Looking for candidates across the world and Vaughn said they want candidates to help win ODI tournaments but the thing that strikes me as annoying is that he said "and improve test performances" why not say to make a winning test team. Its like hes saying yep we'll continue focusing on ODIs and tests we'll try to improve but takes a backseat.

I have a suspicion the John Wright doesn't want the job. Why search the world when theres someone very capable in your own backyard?

That doesn't mean you just hand John Wright the position. Who know's who might be interested from other countries.

If we're perfectly honest, ODI cricket has always meant more to the average NZ cricket fan than Test cricket has and Vaughan is being up front about it.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter View Post
    Corey Anderson is looking impressive. Did Trent Boult play?
    He didn't play the first game but he is playing the game at the moment. The site doesnt have the bowling scorecard but I can tell you he has two wickets after 19 overs of the Aussie innings.

U19 Captain

The Emerging Players tournament 2008 results and bulletins

Cheers Polo.

Here's some stats. I had no idea Greg Hay is playing too, so this NZ lineup is pretty strong, more like a NZ A side.

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/aust...es/348233.html
    http://allblacklineout.com

The Vettori brain massage session:

@#!@#@#$#@$ !@#@!#!@~ YEA EAT THAT!! !@#~!@!@#!@#

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie1 View Post
    Cheers Polo.

Here's some stats. I had no idea Greg Hay is playing too, so this NZ lineup is pretty strong, more like a NZ A side.

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/aust...es/348233.html
    And heres the link for live updates to all the games: http://cricket.resultsvault.com/comm...okie=1&x=9&y=9

Boult ended up with 3fa...Aussie ended up with 274 all out. Pretty big chase.

NZ are 12/0 after 4.

State Vice-Captain
    What a piece of crap website. Results Vault = cause know one can get into it.

U19 Captain
    I think I finally figured it out... type in emerging in the search box, then click on 'Customise' to make the webpage into a emerging players tournament 'skin'.

Then you'll be redirected back into the homepage in which you select matches and the match bet nz and oz should be there.

Annoying website, but the only one with live (ish) updates.

International Debutant
    Yeah, it isnt that difficult to figure out. You just have to 'customise' it to the emerging players tournament.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Seems everybodies rubbish is defecting to NZ to try and get an international game. The bowlers don't really have a show, we have plenty of good bowlers. Only Myburgh out of the defectors has a chance as things stand. Merchant I haven't seen do much and its early days however, as I toild Leslie ages agp, just because he's Australian doesn't mean we should jump up and down about him. If He was top knotch Aussie wouldn't have let us have him. More likely ND need batsmen that can bat so they're getting young rep players (Williamson, Merchant) through to FC cricket quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

U19 Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    More likely ND need batsmen that can bat so they're getting young rep players (Williamson, Merchant) through to FC cricket quickly.
    Okay, so we had a poor season, but we do have batsmen who can bat. :P

At least until Flynn got selected for higher honors we had a solid batting lineup.

Watling is starting to come right at the top of the order. Parlane is back for some solidity, and of course we have Marshall's experience. :P

We are relatively healthy in the bowling department with Arnel, Boult (emerging players tourney) and now Bradley Scott coming in. It's the all rounders that we lack.
    Last edited by Leslie1; 17-07-2008 at 03:33 PM.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Seems everybodies rubbish is defecting to NZ to try and get an international game. The bowlers don't really have a show, we have plenty of good bowlers. Only Myburgh out of the defectors has a chance as things stand. Merchant I haven't seen do much and its early days however, as I toild Leslie ages agp, just because he's Australian doesn't mean we should jump up and down about him. If He was top knotch Aussie wouldn't have let us have him. More likely ND need batsmen that can bat so they're getting young rep players (Williamson, Merchant) through to FC cricket quickly.
    Everybodies rubbish? This new Saffer coming over, Neil Wagner has played 20 FC matches and taken 89 wickets @ 18.30. If that is rubbish i'd love to see someone you class as good.

Also Merchant was the highest averaging Sydney 1st grade batsman to miss out on a rookie NSW contract..he was VERY unlucky. From all reports he is very good, and he showed that towards the end of the season. He could well turn out to be rubbish, but from all reports he wont.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Wagner's only played 1 proper FC match though, all his others have been in the second tier SA league

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    Wagner's only played 1 proper FC match though, all his others have been in the second tier SA league
    Indeed. South African First Class stats can be very misleading as they have a few competitions of questionable standard.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information