• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watching Cricket via a mirror or reflective surface

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Gun novelty imo. Deadset dare you to try it and tell me it's not cool. Watched Warney bowling left-arm. Was amazing.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Made me realise how unclassical so many left-arm pacemen are. Johnson in particular just looked stupid. Vettori impressed me as an offie however.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Done it. Loved it. Lara wasn't as classy as a rightie though.
Haha that's the exact person who I most enjoyed watching in the mirror! I used to try and copy him when he started, also used to copy Gary Kirsten at times because I was a more Kirsten style player than a Lara.

Laurrz

International Debutant
saw it on youtube with Ganguly as a right hander...the only time ive seen it
it really is interesting.. but can be addictive.. to watch..

have alawys wondered what McGrath left handed is like.... coz you rarely see classical left handers stump to stump

I can imagine how weird Johnson would look as a right hander

Barney Rubble

International Coach
How exactly is this performed? Do you sit with yourself, the mirror and the TV screen making a sort of triangle? Sounds confusing, but interesting.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Noticed it at my parent's house when I caught a reflection of the TV in a glass door. It's deadset exactly the same as watching the TV, except it's a mirror image. Am sure there are a lot of other ways.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Noticed it at my parent's house when I caught a reflection of the TV in a glass door. It's deadset exactly the same as watching the TV, except it's a mirror image. Am sure there are a lot of other ways.
I just figured if you put a mirror in front of the TV and then place yourself between them, you'd be the only thing you could see in the mirror. :laugh: I'm guessing sitting slightly off-centre is necessary.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Did this for the first time back in 2001, was fascinated at the left-arm Caddick but shocked at how awful the right-arm Mullally was. Before long I was getting the mirror out every time I was viewing a new bowler. Batsmen are generally less interesting, but some of the more unique ones (Lara, Trescothick, Chanderpaul for instance) are pretty good.

Ashley Giles as a right-armer is likewise.

Haven't done it for years now actually, due to the fact there are less absolutely massive mirrors around our current house. Must start again soon.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
have alawys wondered what McGrath left handed is like
He actually looks odd TSTL. The impression you almost always get of a right-armer who's turned into a left-armer is that they're toppling-over away from the stumps. And because McGrath's action is so wonderfully balanced, it feels weird.

The ball still comes out in the same place though, unfortunately.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm going to do this watching KP's switch-hit from the other week and get myself all confused

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just did it. Just looks like he's standing the wrong way to give the bowler a chance before switching to his natural stance.

Laurrz

International Debutant
I just figured if you put a mirror in front of the TV and then place yourself between them, you'd be the only thing you could see in the mirror. :laugh: I'm guessing sitting slightly off-centre is necessary.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
anywho, there is a photoshop way or some sort of technology way to do this

Would like to see what Tanvir looks like :huh: