cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wasim Akram's 257*

Banned

Wasim Akram's 257*

how do you rate this innings of Wasim Akram: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/stat...tch/63722.html

Cricketer Of The Year
    It was the greatest innings ever played. In fact I believe it was the innings that finally persuaded Lady Hamilton to lose her virginity.

Banned
    ^ this was a great innings, 12 sixes in a test match. amazing

A great innings, particularly from someone who had a Test average of around 22. However, both Henry Olonga and Bryan Strang have dreadful overseas records, Andy Whittall wasn't up to much, his cousin Guy was a bits-and-pieces allrounder and Paul Strang was nothing more than an adequate Test legspinner.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaRick View Post
    A great innings, particularly from someone who had a Test average of around 22. However, both Henry Olonga and Bryan Strang have dreadful overseas records, Andy Whittall wasn't up to much, his cousin Guy was a bits-and-pieces allrounder and Paul Strang was nothing more than an adequate Test legspinner.
    but still i remember that day it was a very bowler friendly ptich, thats why all the main stream pakistani batsmen got out quick, wasim saved pakistan from a possible embrass loss to zimbabwe

It was entertaining no doubt but it was Saqi who stole the show with him dead-batting every delivery.

Banned
    ye amazing defensive batting

Quote Originally Posted by deira View Post
    but still i remember that day it was a very bowler friendly ptich, thats why all the main stream pakistani batsmen got out quick, wasim saved pakistan from a possible embrass loss to zimbabwe
    Really? I didn't know that (I had just turned 7 when it occured), but, yeah, I did say it was a great innings for someone who averaged 22.

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    It was the greatest innings ever played. In fact I believe it was the innings that finally persuaded Lady Hamilton to lose her virginity.
    It was a decent innings .Not that bad . Since it was against Zimbabwe ,people took it light .

Like had pakistan lost that test ,they lost to Zimbabwe .losers !

They won ,so it was only zimbabwe .

so basically that innings was a ''no win'' innings.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl View Post
    It was a decent innings .Not that bad . Since it was against Zimbabwe ,people took it light .

Like had pakistan lost that test ,they lost to Zimbabwe .losers !

They won ,so it was only zimbabwe .

so basically that innings was a ''no win'' innings.
    No they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    No they didn't.
    Oops my bad ,pakistan didn't win that match ,i thought they.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaRick View Post
    I actually think there's a case for Paul Strang as a pretty good Test legspinner. He struggled at the start, only taking 7 wickets in his first 7 matches and averaging over 78. But over his next 17 Tests he took 63 wickets, including some pretty good batsmen, namely Tendulkar, Inzamam, Atherton, Stewart, Thorpe, Hussain, Astle, Aravinda de Silva, Saeed Anwar, Aamer Sohail and Saleem Malik.

3.7 wickets per match and an economy rate well under 3. Under-rated, for mine.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    I actually think there's a case for Paul Strang as a pretty good Test legspinner. He struggled at the start, only taking 7 wickets in his first 7 matches and averaging over 78. But over his next 17 Tests he took 63 wickets, including some pretty good batsmen, namely Tendulkar, Inzamam, Atherton, Stewart, Thorpe, Hussain, Astle, Aravinda de Silva, Saeed Anwar, Aamer Sohail and Saleem Malik.

3.7 wickets per match and an economy rate well under 3. Under-rated, for mine.
    Don't disagree at all with your assessment of Strang's Test career, have always thought of him as a pretty decent bowler, but dismissing Alec Stewart is a basic requirement for a spinner of any note (provided, obviously, that you bowl at him). Especially in the pre-Duncan Fletcher days when he could of times be embarrassingly clueless against good-quality spin (be it wristspin or fingerspin on a turning pitch).
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Don't disagree at all with your assessment of Strang's Test career, have always thought of him as a pretty decent bowler, but dismissing Alec Stewart is a basic requirement for a spinner of any note (provided, obviously, that you bowl at him). Especially in the pre-Duncan Fletcher days when he could of times be embarrassingly clueless against good-quality spin (be it wristspin or fingerspin on a turning pitch).
    Was certainly Strang's bunny (and that of somewhat high profile spinners...), given the number of times he faced him. (<-- tongue-in-cheek) But my memory of Stewart is limited, as my only experience of watching live footage of England before 2001 consisted of West Indies succumbing 3-1. In that series the closest West Indies came to posing a spinner was Mahendra Nagamootoo, who was really just a slow-bowling workhorse. No spin in sight.

I saw a lot of the Ashes in 2001, but I don't remember seeing much of him facing Warne. Though I believe he was out to him 2 or 3 times to Warne in that series. Certainly twice at the Oval. But basically most of my experience of Stewart was against fast bowlers, so I admit ignorance in his abilities against spin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information