• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kenya v. Ireland Test series

Kenya v. Ireland (the test series

• Kenya Whitewash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-1 to Ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Hypothetically speaking if the ICC decided to grant these two permission to stage a 5 match test series with their best available XIs who would win?

Another one for all you simulation junkies to work out:naughty:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You do know there is a chance that there could be a draw.

I'll go 3-1 to Kenya. Due to the brilliance of Thomas Odoyo and Steve Tikolo.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon it would that ironically Kenya would be more likely to get a better result if the series were in Ireland where conditions would better suit Kenya's otherwise not so all mighty seam bowling attack, than in Kenya where the pitches are considerably flatter.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hard for those of us who only see them playing the odd ODI to comment, given the difference between being a good 50-over team and a good FC/Test team.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ireland with Ed Joyce scoring a double tone after quiting England and finding a loop hole to play for Ireland.

Even without Ed Joyce I reckon Ireland's greater depth will come through over a 5 Test Series.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Possible Kenya XI

+Maurice Ouma
David Obuya
Alex Obanda
*Steve Tikolo[B6]
Tanmay Mishra
Collins Obuya
Thomas Odoyo [B1]
Jimmy Kamande
Nehemiah Odhiambo[B3]
Peter Ongondo[B2]
Hiren Varaiya[B5]

Anyone willing to nominate an Ireland XI

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ireland with Ed Joyce scoring a double tone after quiting England and finding a loop hole to play for Ireland.

Even without Ed Joyce I reckon Ireland's greater depth will come through over a 5 Test Series.
or Peter Ongondo getting Ed Joyce out Leg before for a duck sparking a spectacular Batting collapse

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
or Peter Ongondo getting Ed Joyce out Leg before for a duck sparking a spectacular Batting collapse
They bat pretty depth so I they still be able to get a decent total against the Kenya attack. Whereas Kenya will rely a lot on a couple batsmen. When the Tikolos and Odoyos haven't stepped up they struggled in FC matches in the last couple years.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
They bat pretty depth so I they still be able to get a decent total against the Kenya attack. Whereas Kenya will rely a lot on a couple batsmen. When the Tikolos and Odoyos haven't stepped up they struggled in FC matches in the last couple years.
Oh yeah but Obanda's been pretty solid in his first full season and if they can hang around Mishra and Collins Obuya can do quite a bit of damage, although I do agree that it won't be easy for Kenya to get Ireland out twice

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
W Porterfield
J Bray
E Morgan
E Joyce/A White (at 6)
N O'Brien+
A Botha
A Cusack
T Johnston*
K McCallan
D Langford-Smith
B Randkin

Bat down to 8 and have 5/6 front line bowling options.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Oh yeah but Obanda's been pretty solid in his first full season and if they can hang around Mishra and Collins Obuya can do quite a bit of damage, although I do agree that it won't be easy for Kenya to get Ireland out twice
As good as Obanda is Morgan better, as good as Mishra and Obuya are Botha, White and Cusack are better. Kenya won't win too many head to head matches in either batting or bowling outside Odoyo and Varaiya. One could argue even Niell O'Brien is better batsmen then Tikolo now. The only real advantage Kenya will have is on a spinner friendly pitch.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
As good as Obanda is Morgan better, as good as Mishra and Obuya are Botha, White and Cusack are better. Kenya won't win too many head to head matches in either batting or bowling outside Odoyo and Varaiya. One could argue even Niell O'Brien is better batsmen then Tikolo now. The only real advantage Kenya will have is on a spinner friendly pitch.
You underestimate the power of Peter Ongondo's Right-arm-over. On a pitch offering good seam movement most of Ireland batsmen would not have anywhere to hide.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You underestimate the power of Peter Ongondo's Right-arm-over. On a pitch offering good seam movement most of Ireland batsmen would not have anywhere to hide.
One could argue anything Ongondo can do Rankin can do better. Can't see any of the Kenyan batsmen last too long against him on a seamer. The Kenyan players are good, but most of the Irish players are a class above these days.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I wont mind seeing a test match between teams such as Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Ireland & Kenya.... I hope these teams could keep up their standerds & convinse the ICC for test status & It all depends upon them to prove them selves...