• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olonga to NZ???

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Well I have just read and artical in the Timaru Herald. It says that a Napier man who knows Henry Olonga has been pushing for him to come to NZ and settle in the Hawkes Bay.

It says that Olonga has show interest in coming to NZ and joining the Central Districts team and has apparently talked to coach Mark Greatbatch who is keen to employ him to do some coaching in the area.

I think this is great, if it is true. Stories alway get changes around by 20 or so people before they get to the paper. Anyway i hope it is true as it would be a great gain to that area and to Henry.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Well they have Mason, Oram, Hefford and Schwass as their fast bowlers. Certainly if Mason and Oram were away with NZ for most of the year then it would be great.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Yeah same here. I have always thought he was a great guy. Hope things work out well for him.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know if Olonga would get into the CD lineup, because they have the best bowling attack in NZ. He would be better off travelling up to Hamilton & joining Northern Districts where they are struggling for good pace bowlers. (Apart from Butler, Tuffey & Yovich)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Well I would rate him ahead of Hefford and Schwass. I think the ND lineup is a good lineup if they have their Black Caps in the team.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Come on..Hefford is close to being chosen for the NZ team & Schwass has bowling figures of around 20 in both forms of cricket in NZ.

I know Olonga is or was an international player but I think he'd struggle to make the C.D lineup, because its their inconsistency with the bat that lets them down most of the time.