• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aavishkar Salvi-What do u make of him

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vishnureddy said:
He had 3-4 bad decisions. He complained about it in the middle of the series saying that he 3-4 bad decisions in a row and that the umpiring standard in not good. Then Ganga whom India A was going to play next said that an International Player is not supposed to say like that and he should take it in his stride.
Getting 3-4 bad decisions is alot different from thinking you got 3-4 bad decisions. A batsman's perspective is alot less acurate than that of the umpire. I wouldn't go faulting the umpires without some sort of video evidence.

Sounds to me that Laxman is just being immature. When Dravid got e bad decisions in 4 innings last year, you didn't hear him complaining. I fully agree with Ganga's statement.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Getting 3-4 bad decisions is alot different from thinking you got 3-4 bad decisions. A batsman's perspective is alot less acurate than that of the umpire. I wouldn't go faulting the umpires without some sort of video evidence.

Sounds to me that Laxman is just being immature. When Dravid got e bad decisions in 4 innings last year, you didn't hear him complaining. I fully agree with Ganga's statement.
I too agree with Ganga. Anyway Mx, does Ganga have any chance of making it to the team again? He is one of my favs in the WI team along with Sarwan,Shiv and Lawson.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vishnureddy said:
I too agree with Ganga. Anyway Mx, does Ganga have any chance of making it to the team again? He is one of my favs in the WI team along with Sarwan,Shiv and Lawson.
Ganga at the moment is the third string opener. If Gayle or Hinds falls out form, then Devon Smith will likely (should) come in. IMO, Smith should start v the Aussies instead of Hinds. If Smith or Gayle/Hinds falls out of form, Ganga will come in.

Also, in terms of general batting positions, Ganga can fill a middle order role in case of injury. I don't think they'll drop any of the middle order, even if they're out of form. Ganga has over 500 runs this regional season.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Now Dravid is out too. That gives a good chance to Patel. I think he should be given a chance to open which he did so well against SAF 'A' in Saf which had bowlers of Pretorious,Elworthy and Nel.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Re: Laxman,
I think there is a strong possibility that he wasnt concentrating on the job at hand since he was dropped from the WC squad. That may be unfair to him since I didnt see him play..but it's my guess.

Mr Mxyzptlk: on your comment on the previous page that Sarwan didnt play in the domestic competition, I think vishnureddy mixed up Samuels and Sarwan.

Has Laxman jeapordised his test spot?
If he loses his spot in a series, there's a good chance he'll not get it again for a long time. I think the NZ home series is crucial for him!

V Reddy

International Debutant
full_length said:
Re: Laxman,
I think there is a strong possibility that he wasnt concentrating on the job at hand since he was dropped from the WC squad. That may be unfair to him since I didnt see him play..but it's my guess.

Mr Mxyzptlk: on your comment on the previous page that Sarwan didnt play in the domestic competition, I think vishnureddy mixed up Samuels and Sarwan.

Has Laxman jeapordised his test spot?
If he loses his spot in a series, there's a good chance he'll not get it again for a long time. I think the NZ home series is crucial for him!
I didn't say that he picked up Sarwan.It was Aditya.

masterblaster

International Captain
India tour Australia in November 2002 to January 2003

Laxman definitely will be part of that touring squad and indeed the final XI (form/fitness/health willing) due to his outstanding record against Australia.