• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI backs CA stand on photographs

Whats your stand

• Total voters

biased indian

International Coach
Cricinfo staff
November 13, 2007

The Indian board may go the same way as Cricket Australia with regard to match pictures taken by agency photographers. The BCCI's stance comes in the wake of global agencies boycotting the recent Brisbane Test between Australia and Sri Lanka.

Reuters, Associated Press and Agence France-Presse boycotted last week's first Test after CA demanded payment for the right to distribute photographs from the event.
Read on

whts your take on this do you agree ????????????????

if murali manage to break warne record in next match there will not be any photographs of the same :@ :@

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's a tricky one - one sympathises with cricket boards' need to protect valuable rights, you'd not believe how many Pandora's Boxs can be opened if you let something like this slide.

Nonetheless, photography is one hell of a difficult thing to pin down exact rights too, because there's virtually no limit on the "scope" for photography.

pasag

RTDAS
Been a pretty big issue here, don't really feel for either side tbh. Although I did notice a huge Anti-Australian Cricket* sentiment crop up in The Australian over the past few days, pretty obvious why that is (insert roll-eyes here).

*This article pretty much covered the front page of the sport section the other day.

Craig

World Traveller
It's a load of rubbish. Expect soon to have a ban from people entering with cameras, I nearly had that happen to me when I went to a European 2008 Qualifiyer in Latvia.

White Lightning

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Been a pretty big issue here, don't really feel for either side tbh. Although I did notice a huge Anti-Australian Cricket* sentiment crop up in The Australian over the past few days, pretty obvious why that is (insert roll-eyes here).

*This article pretty much covered the front page of the sport section the other day.
how did the australian get that photo of stuart macgill's 200 if they are not allowed to take photos??

biased indian

International Coach
It's a load of rubbish. Expect soon to have a ban from people entering with cameras, I nearly had that happen to me when I went to a European 2008 Qualifiyer in Latvia.
may be they will charge you like they do in Zoo's and museums :)

biased indian

International Coach
They can't take photos but they can buy off people who can, I'd imagine.
i think the problem lies with the agencies which sell the photos to newspapers..
a newspaper can send thier own photographer i think...since agencies make money by selling photos while as news paper photographers are doing it for themselves with out any monetery benift

thats is wht atleast the cricinfo column in that i have linked seems to suggest

pasag

RTDAS
i think the problem lies with the agencies which sell the photos to newspapers..
a newspaper can send thier own photographer i think...since agencies make money by selling photos while as news paper photographers are doing it for themselves with out any monetery benift

thats is wht atleast the cricinfo column in that i have linked seems to suggest
Nah, The Australian is part of News Corp who refuse to pay for the photos on principal and therefore the seasons deal fell apart and their reporters weren't given accreditation and allowed into the press box. Saw a picture in the paper of them standing outside the Gabba looking inside.

All their coverage of the Test was done thorugh buying material off agencies who had done a deal with CA, as far as I understand it.

pasag

RTDAS
Nah, The Australian is part of News Corp who refuse to pay for the photos on principal and therefore the seasons deal fell apart and their reporters weren't given accreditation and allowed into the press box. Saw a picture in the paper of them standing outside the Gabba looking inside.

All their coverage of the Test was done thorugh buying material off agencies who had done a deal with CA, as far as I understand it.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22723477-5001505,00.html
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,24897,22720818-7582,00.html
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22721877-2702,00.html

skipper

School Boy/Girl Captain
At this rate, in future, we won't be allowed to use the 'cricket' without ICC's permission. :huh: