• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

biased indian

International Coach
i would have loved to hear channel 9 now..whts all saying there..anything to do with pitch or bad batting or good bowling ?????

chalky

International Debutant
The delivery that Zaheer got Ponting with was an absolute gem. Reminded me of the delivery by Wasim Akram in the 92 world cup final that bowled Chris Lewis.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i would have loved to hear channel 9 now..whts all saying there..anything to do with pitch or bad batting or good bowling ?????
They're celebrating Mitchell Johnson's first test run. What a marvelous moment it must be for him. He's taken to test cricket like to a duck to water and all that jazz. :ph34r:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good bowling with no luck in the first hour, good bowling in the afternoon session, pitch is holding up and will just get tougher to bat on.

JBH001

International Regular
Haha! So many CW members on this thread! :D

Great stuff, India. Really great stuff!

Also, top bowling by Kumble and also top support from all the Indian bowlers (bar Harbhajan). Though looking at those figures I think, after the first hour, the Australian desire to be aggressive may have played into the hands of the Indian bowlers.

(bearing in mind I only watched until the middle of the afternoon session)

Now for India to get these guys out cheap, and to post a massive, massive total.

Come on India!

Last edited:

Laurrz

International Debutant
I remember saying this in the first Ashes Test 2005 but I don't think we can make any assumptions until India bat. The pitch seems very slow already and I suspect Stuart Clark will be pivotal on this pitch, especially when India bat in the second innings. I don't think it's any coincidence that India's most accurate and consistent bowler has been their best.

Have a look at Haydos' knock; he hit very few balls down the ground despite that being his best area and he was clearly in great touch but still didn't make it look easy. This pitch isn't a great Test pitch, I reckon.
yep good post.. think Fraz will be crucial too..
there's been some turn, swing and seam...tomorrows gonna be a good day

my fear is it will get slower and slower though

jeevan

International 12th Man
Umpiring poor decision #1 of today (I think, watched most but not all).
Johnson inside edged, off pad caught cleanly by Yuvraj not given. Would've been
Kumble's # 6.

Top_Cat

Harbhajan, after being largely innocuous, has been bowling really well this spell, not getting the rewards. Has been a great support to Kumble for mine and probably caused a couple of his wickets, so well were they working together. Very surprised to see the pace bowlers on.

JBH001

International Regular
Haha! Reading some of the back pages and loving some of the Indian comments!

Hope the Indians keep it up, though, through all the tests... :ph34r:

Top_Cat

Umpiring poor decision #1 of today (I think, watched most but not all).
Johnson inside edged, off pad caught cleanly by Yuvraj not given. Would've been
Kumble's # 6.
Yeah why highlight all of the great LBW decisions they've made today when you can lampoon them for the one close catch decision, not as easy one either with the bat obscuring the ball, they've made a mistake on?

8-)

Laurrz

International Debutant
Yeah why highlight all of the great LBW decisions they've made today when you can lampoon them for the one close catch decision, not as easy one either with the bat obscuring the ball, they've made a mistake on?

8-)
the umpires have been superb all day bar that one

JBH001

International Regular
Incidentally, from Cricinfo, Kumble's 5 - fer is the 10th time he has taken a 5 - fer against Australia. One of only 4 bowlers to accomplish that, the others being, T Richardson (11), S F Barnes (12), and R Hadlee (14). He is also the first spinner to achieve this.

Considering the strength of the Australian batting during Kumble's career, his achievement becomes all the more noteworthy. Top stuff, that man.