• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Hi mates, Got a few questions:

Are Irish aware of all the tournaments that Ireland is gonna host, If so howz the demand for tickets after being announced?

Is IPL being telecasted in Ireland?

Last edited:

Janus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi mates, Got a few questions:

Are Irish aware of all the tournaments that Ireland is gonna host, If so howz the demand for tickets after being announced?

Is IPL being telecasted in Ireland?
The IPL is being broadcast on Setanta Sports, but it's subscription based so not everyone can watch. Personally I'm not willing to pay €19.99 a month.

The public at large aren't really aware of the tournament or indeed any cricket on the Island, only the cricket community is really aware of it all. 10,000 or so odd souls.

The prices of the tickets were a real problem last but it seems as if the prices are going to be better this year, and hopefully more matches will be in Dublin were there is more chance of a larger crowd. There are no real cricket Stadia in Ireland so crowd capacity is tiny, 2000 maximum.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The IPL is being broadcast on Setanta Sports, but it's subscription based so not everyone can watch. Personally I'm not willing to pay €19.99 a month.

The public at large aren't really aware of the tournament or indeed any cricket on the Island, only the cricket community is really aware of it all. 10,000 or so odd souls.

The prices of the tickets were a real problem last but it seems as if the prices are going to be better this year, and hopefully more matches will be in Dublin were there is more chance of a larger crowd. There are no real cricket Stadia in Ireland so crowd capacity is tiny, 2000 maximum.
Found this

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
€13.50 isn't bad, just wondering if the International matches are going to be that kind of price, they were €40 odd last year and hence the problem.
And to think I have small intentions of breaking into Ireland for their ODi's in August

Janus

And to think I have small intentions of breaking into Ireland for their ODi's in August
Ireland is a terribly expensive country these days but those prices were are hard pill to swallow last year. I think they have learned their lesson. Incidentally the IPL match on Setanta isn't scrambled but that mightn't stay like that for long.

Edit: Infact it has just been Scrambled.

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Wow thanks for the info mate... Hope to see ICC act better but wat a carnival IPL saw for the opening match? Damn should have had a couple of associate players playing in such tournament. Would have been a real boost for their carrer.

ACC Elite Tournament to take place in Malaysia from 25th July to 3rd Aug 08...

Partispating Teams:
1) Malaysia,
2) Afghanistan,
3) Bahrain,
4) Hong Kong,
5) Kuwait,
6) Nepal,
7) Qatar,
8) Saudi Arabia,
9) Singapore
10) UAE

Any Favourites?

Hi friends, I have a serious topic to discuss -
Dont U think the structure of World Cricket League is too long? As I was looking at it some teams which won in 2006 are playing tn global league in 2008, is'nt that strange? How do u expect a team to be in the same form?

I feel instead of 4 years it should be reduced to 3 Years. Structure for example after 2007 Wc to 2011 Wc:
2007: World Cup Ends
2008: All Regional Tournaments (Asia, Americas, Africa, Europe & EAP) Start - End.
2009: All Global Tournaments Start - End.
2010 Jan: 2011 World Cup Qualifiers.
2011: World Cup.

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
WCL - 2008 Africa Div 3:

Ghana wins the Div 3 tournament & is promoted to Div 2 in Aug:

Final Standings:
1) Ghana
2) Swaziland
3) Sierra Leone
4) Rwanda
5) Malawi
6) Lesotho
7) Gambia

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Hi friends, I have a serious topic to discuss -
Dont U think the structure of World Cricket League is too long? As I was looking at it some teams which won in 2006 are playing tn global league in 2008, is'nt that strange? How do u expect a team to be in the same form?

I feel instead of 4 years it should be reduced to 3 Years. Structure for example after 2007 Wc to 2011 Wc:
2007: World Cup Ends
2008: All Regional Tournaments (Asia, Americas, Africa, Europe & EAP) Start - End.
2009: All Global Tournaments Start - End.
2010 Jan: 2011 World Cup Qualifiers.
2011: World Cup.
I like the way the world cricket league is, it gives a lot more cricket to associates...and it's not about being in form it's about the structure each country builds...if you have a good structure then you can generally do well longer while if you are having good form then that's just temporary...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I like the way the world cricket league is, it gives a lot more cricket to associates...and it's not about being in form it's about the structure each country builds...if you have a good structure then you can generally do well longer while if you are having good form then that's just temporary...
They should now do something for proper cricket...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
they already did, it's called the intercontinental cup.

That's for 8 teams out of loads of Associates +unlike the WCL which eventually leads to a shot at the big boys the Intercontinental cup is just an end in itself...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
That's for 8 teams out of loads of Associates +unlike the WCL which eventually leads to a shot at the big boys the Intercontinental cup is just an end in itself...
you have to understand, first class cricket isn't for evert associate because not all have the resources for it. This is just the start and 8 teams is a good start. Your right unlike WCL it doesn't lead to something like the cwc but just winning the intercontinental cup can't be the thing that gets you to test cricket. You have have the resources to become a test nation but anyways playing in the tournament give the players a chance to play the "real cricket".

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
you have to understand, first class cricket isn't for evert associate because not all have the resources for it. This is just the start and 8 teams is a good start. Your right unlike WCL it doesn't lead to something like the cwc but just winning the intercontinental cup can't be the thing that gets you to test cricket. You have have the resources to become a test nation but anyways playing in the tournament give the players a chance to play the "real cricket".
Then the point of the Intercontinental Cup would be to make it so that from all the Non-Test teams without FC cricket develop the resources to sustain it, therefore if say for example if Scotland win 4 out of five ICups, there is no guarantee as it is it will show on the radar, oh well but the tourney is only 4 years old..

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Then the point of the Intercontinental Cup would be to make it so that from all the Non-Test teams without FC cricket develop the resources to sustain it, therefore if say for example if Scotland win 4 out of five ICups, there is no guarantee as it is it will show on the radar, oh well but the tourney is only 4 years old..
yeah give it time but in the future it could be like say x many teams play in it just to get exposure to 1st class cricket then out of that there's other x-y nations that qualifies in the rest of the criteria (besides playing standards) of the icc to become a test nation and if they can win a given # of tournament after being qualified in the rest, they become a test nation.

But understand that associates played list A matches for decades and now they came up with a system that should be given credit for so a similar system for 1st class may take a while. Plus I don't think there's any other nation right now that meets the criteria to be a test member besides the test nationals already; the closest may be kenya.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The point of InterCont Cup is to give the Assoicates sides exposure to the longer form, not see who is next in line for Test status and have some sort of revolving door where they play a qualifer every year for Test status. The ICC recognised the step up from Assoicate cricket to Test cricket is too big previously. Regardless of whether they had the interest in game, they regular developing young tatent or they had the right infrastruture.

Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh all had the right indregients to be competitive at Test level. But none of them had enough exposure to the longer form of game to be competitive straight. If a new side does get added to Test Cricket, it will be better for all concerned if they could be competitive straight away. The InterCont Cup gives them a platform to achieve this. It might be frustrating from a fans POV to be only play the sames and really be tested. But your in a lot better position then previous sides have ever been to succeed at Test level, if given the chance later on.

Janus

Nottinghamshire 217-9 (50.0 overs)
Beat
Ireland 161 all out (45.3 overs)
With retirements, County contracts and injuries the Ireland team that stepped out there wasn't as good as it could have been. We have a bit of a problem when it comes yo chasing totals though, too slow for the modern game.