• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South African Domestic Season 2007/08

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Dale Steyn is moving to CT to be with his girlfriend so will be in the Cobras next season, awesome (if he actually plays at all).

Standard Bank T20 season has been very amusing, looking forward to watching the semi-final at Newlands on Sunday which will be full of international players. Think my favourite player of the limited overs competitions has been Ethy Mbhalati, enjoyed watching his bowling, anyone who has seen more of him than me have an opinion on him?
Lacks pace but his tall and got good control. Apparently his going to work on his pace and fitness in the off-season.

I’ve been impressed from what I’ve seen of Yusuf Abdullah of the Dolphins. His rather 'large' and his fitness levels are apparently non-existent but his still swinging the ball yards at 140kph plus which is proving to be nigh on unplayable.

Good to see Parnell and Smuts also breakthrough into the Warriors squad. Parnell is already apart of the RSA 'High Performance Squad' so his been fast-tracked. The Warriors have offered both players three year deals but a couple of other franchises are sniffing around.
Ray Jennings who is likely to be the Lions full team coach next year has already started recruiting his former RSA U-19 players; Jonathan Vandiar has already made the switch from Durban to Jo'Burg. Vandiar will slot into Justin Ontong’s role as Ontong is going back home, joining the Cobras.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Dale Steyn is moving to CT to be with his girlfriend so will be in the Cobras next season, awesome (if he actually plays at all).

Standard Bank T20 season has been very amusing, looking forward to watching the semi-final at Newlands on Sunday which will be full of international players. Think my favourite player of the limited overs competitions has been Ethy Mbhalati, enjoyed watching his bowling, anyone who has seen more of him than me have an opinion on him?
Off-Topic but how long has Rory Kleinveldt resembled a Stormers front-row? The boy is carrying some weight.

Protean

State Regular
Off-Topic but how long has Rory Kleinveldt resembled a Stormers front-row? The boy is carrying some weight.
I remember the commentators at the start of the MTN championship commenting on him having gained weight, he does look like a bit of a tanker now. Seen him recently involved in some pretty poor, lethargic fielding too.