• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Questions for Indian fans and others

Vote

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Umm, how about Tendulkar? :blink:

Kumble's helped win home Tests. Tendulkar has helped win home Tests and save away ones.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This thread will just turn into a slag-off-Tendulkar competition I reckon.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
both have been indian cricket legends and have contributed to innumerable indian wins...tendulkar is ultimately the greater cricketer of the two...but it doesn't really make sense to compare a batsman and a bowler like that...

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Umm, how about Tendulkar? :blink:

Kumble's helped win home Tests. Tendulkar has helped win home Tests and save away ones.
India's weak point has always been their bowling, so I don't think if they never had Kumble, it would have been easy to find a replacement. A lot of tests that India have won would have had no result if they had Harbhajan Singh or someone else instead considering their pace attack hasn't been all that good. So he's under-rated, and Tendulkar is over-rated in tests because of his ODI achievements.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India's weak point has always been their bowling, so I don't think if they never had Kumble, it would have been easy to find a replacement. A lot of tests that India have won would have had no result if they had Harbhajan Singh or someone else instead considering their pace attack hasn't been all that good. So he's under-rated, and Tendulkar is over-rated in tests because of his ODI achievements.
Tendulkar's ODI acheivements do not have an affect on how people rate him in Test match cricket.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
both have been indian cricket legends and have contributed to innumerable indian wins...tendulkar is ultimately the greater cricketer of the two...but it doesn't really make sense to compare a batsman and a bowler like that...
I'm not talking about their cricketing skills, it's to do with how valuable their performances have been over the years, their contributions etc etc etc. Obviously, in most cases, better player = greater contribution, but not here because Indian bowling has been the weak point for them over the years, and Kumble has had to make up for that.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Not as silly a question as it might appear at first blush. But the answer has to be Sachin.

Matt79

Global Moderator
It's not silly at all, what the hell are you talking about?:@
Calm the **** down mate. I was actually giving you credit for asking a question that the average fan who took only a passing interest in the game might think was silly, but which actually deserved showed some thought and deserved a bit of consideration.

You shouldn't be so quick to take offence.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Calm the **** down mate. I was actually giving you credit for asking a question that the average fan who took only a passing interest in the game might think was silly, but which actually deserved showed some thought and deserved a bit of consideration.

You shouldn't be so quick to take offence.
You're the one who just took offence. I actually found your post to be sort of funny and pretended to be serious and all that :laugh: but nevermind :@