• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

howardj

International Coach
Lads, ever since September's Foxtel guide arrived, I've been panicking.

The first ODI is on the 29th of September, but the TV Guide makes no mention of it being on!! I thought Fox showed all Aussie away games!

:(
Mate, that's an absolute tragedy.

I feel your pain.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, they get a bit slack with the English summer which they once so proudly showed all of, but they won't skimp on the games involving Australia. I've even seen them shaft things to Main Event to squeeze in low-profile ODIs involving Australia. :p

Craig

World Traveller
Yourself, Silenstriker and I, although I'm not sure whether Manan is really into revolutions.
Thinking about this more, the three you mentioned plus Greg Thomas, Richo, and I think Fraz will be a good inclusion.

Well I do FTR, when I want to, but nah, I'm not into revolutions. 7-Test-series never happened, though - it was just the odd few 6-game series in Australia in the 1970s and England in the 1980s and 1990s (usually between said 2 teams), and very occasionally elsewhere.

Seems really odd playing ODIs in Australia in September and October - won't like virtually no-one be interested?
Happened in 70/71 fool :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I've lost faith in Fox. Their coverage of cricket this winter has been very shabby.
Get this funny feeling that INdia might end up winning this series..... Would be a real shock though, if they do....

Heart says India but Head says anything less 5-2 means Australia have not played well.

pup11

International Coach
Looking at the way the Indians are playing against the English odi side i won't be suprised if they get destroyed by the Aussies, Indians have been playing non-stop cricket for some time now and they don't even have much breathing space between the English odi series- T20 World championship- and the Australian odi series and on the other hand it would be Australia's first odi series since the world cup so they would be all fired up to kick-start the new season in blazing fashion.
BTW, which channel is gonna show this series in India.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
7 ODIs?! Lots of new players having a go for Australia I would think. Can see a young spinner being selected (Heal). :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
7 ODIs?! Lots of new players having a go for Australia I would think. Can see a young spinner being selected (Heal). :D
On the basis of his 5 one-day games for WA with his wonderful ER of 4.93 and 5 wickets at 46.40? :blink:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Looking at the way the Indians are playing against the English odi side i won't be suprised if they get destroyed by the Aussies, Indians have been playing non-stop cricket for some time now and they don't even have much breathing space between the English odi series- T20 World championship- and the Australian odi series and on the other hand it would be Australia's first odi series since the world cup so they would be all fired up to kick-start the new season in blazing fashion.
BTW, which channel is gonna show this series in India.
NEO Sports