• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the better Bowler

Who is the Better Bowler

• Roy

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Pup

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Watto

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Bear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Andrew Symonds
Michael Clarke
Shane Watson
Cam White

I voted for Symonds

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Rather tricky question, they can all be quite dire at times, I'm going to go WATSON. Symonds and Clarke are handy but no more, Watson is just a little more. White hasn't looked to great from what I've seen from him.

Watson may also become a good bowler one day.

Maybe.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
White is absolutely dire. Treating him as the ITO.

Watto here, quite comfortably. His bowling is far from what it could be, but he's still a better bowler than Symonds and Clarke who are nothing more than very good part-timers.

pup11

International Coach
I think the starter of this thread is probably trying to take a dig at Watto, ok he hasn't set the world on fire with his bowling but their is noway one can compare him with the likes of Clarke, Roy and Whitey (who are just decent part-timers, though i hope Whitey would develop his bowling with time).
Watson is a much improved bowler since the ICC Super Series, after that series he had very decent season or two with the ball in odi cricket. Its only his fitness problems and injuries that have let him down time and again and that is why his career has failed to gain any momentum, though Watson's bowling is nowhere near test standard (atm) he is more than a handy bowler in odi cricket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
These polls are tough to answer these days, because are you talking TEST, ODI or Twenty20?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Watto here, quite comfortably. His bowling is far from what it could be, but he's still a better bowler than Symonds and Clarke who are nothing more than very good part-timers.
Absolutely. Watson's the only one of the four who even has any pretence as an all-rounder - the others are all batsmen who happen to bowl (and not especially well).