• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Replace ODI's with 2 innings of 25 overs and its Advantages

ralph567

Cricket Spectator
We should have 2 innings of 25 overs each which would make the ODI's lot more intersting and attract more crowd.

That would be really exciting and would offer a second chance to the batsmen or bowlers who have failed in the first innings. ODI's are becoming very boring follwing the same pattern. The Crowds would love it and that's the only way the game can grow - by getting in more spectators.

For those who argue about techniques and buliding innings, the longer version of the game is always there

jammay123

State 12th Man
youll just be getting rid of odi's and it would essentially be two t20 games put together and the scores added up it would just be two slogfests.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
We should have 2 innings of 25 overs each which would make the ODI's lot more intersting and attract more crowd.

That would be really exciting and would offer a second chance to the batsmen or bowlers who have failed in the first innings. ODI's are becoming very boring follwing the same pattern. The Crowds would love it and that's the only way the game can grow - by getting in more spectators.
GREAT IDEA!!

And we should also covert the five one day test matches into five innings of fifty overs each. Each set of fifty innings for either side to be completed on each day of the test match.

What fun :happy:

slugger

State Vice-Captain

For those who argue about techniques and buliding innings, the longer version of the game is always there
its not a bad idea.. i suggested this dueing the WI WC.. only because i think it gave both teams a chance to regroup.. after the split.. of 50 overs.. as they both would had 25 each at that stage.. but i wouldnt start the batting over agian it would continue on like a test match after the 1st session or what ever..
for ex..
wc 06/07

25 over split. pak 76/6 ire 74/4

an example like this speak volume.. the commentary would be like this: ladies and gentlemen this is going to be close game. the irish batsmen have complimented the outstanding bowling and fielding from the the 1st spliit.. join us in half an hour and lets hope that the not out batsmen Mahmood an Akmal can get this target beyond the irish...etc..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
its not a bad idea.. i suggested this dueing the WI WC.. only because i think it gave both teams a chance to regroup.. after the split.. of 50 overs.. as they both would had 25 each at that stage.. but i wouldnt start the batting over agian it would continue on like a test match after the 1st session or what ever..
for ex..
wc 06/07

25 over split. pak 76/6 ire 74/4

an example like this speak volume.. the commentary would be like this: ladies and gentlemen this is going to be close game. the irish batsmen have complimented the outstanding bowling and fielding from the the 1st spliit.. join us in half an hour and lets hope that the not out batsmen Mahmood an Akmal can get this target beyond the irish...etc..
Your idea is completely different to the idea that Ralph Wiggum is talking about.

I don't have a problem with your idea, they do it one dayers where I'm from..

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Your idea is completely different to the idea that Ralph Wiggum is talking about.

I don't have a problem with your idea, they do it one dayers where I'm from..
are you serious... if so.. what do you prefer... the 100 over game split into two 50/50 or split into 4s 25/25/25/25

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
are you serious... if so.. what do you prefer... the 100 over game split into two 50/50 or split into 4s 25/25/25/25
In your idea your saying the team just bats once, in Ralph it's twice..

Yeah we played 40 over matches - so 20/20/20/20 due to the heat more then anything.(just one innings each)

Like I said I don't have a problem with it at all in a way it's better for going 25 at a time, because it takes the conditions out of play - whether it be early swing, pitch dying, day batting easier then night batting etc

Last edited: