Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should International Batsmen Walk?

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Should International Batsmen Walk?

No they should take the Underground.

Sorry for the corny one liner. But everytime I see that thread topic this is what I say to myself.

They can do what they like imo, unless of course the decision goes against Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    They can do what they like imo, unless of course the decision goes against Australia
    In which case what........

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Rhodes was a walker - he once said "the Lord doesn't like cheating" (Rhodes is a strong Christian).
    have seen him stay in a couple of times when he nicked them, tbh... not sure when, but I seem to remember that. Also, didn't he claim Sachin caught when he had clearly put the ball on the ground? I guess by cheating he meant, not doing other stuff. Not walking is not cheating in my opinion, as long as you don't complain about bad decisions.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Walk when you think its obvious, otherwise stand your ground and look at the fielders appealing as if they are idiots. ofc, I am talking about backyard cricket
    Time: "Despite its gentlemanly manner, the sport generates tremendous passion in Britain and its former colonies."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speersy View Post
    Walk when you think its obvious, otherwise stand your ground and look at the fielders appealing as if they are idiots. ofc, I am talking about backyard cricket
    Agree with this. It can take a long time to get a bat, you don't give it up easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    In which case what........
    They should walk regardless of course

First reply in the thread is spot on. I'm easy with whatever batsmen choose.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    They should walk regardless of course

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    First reply in the thread is spot on. I'm easy with whatever batsmen choose.
    Except, of course, walk when you fancy walking, but stand when the game's in a tight situation.

(I presume?)
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Except, of course, walk when you fancy walking, but stand when the game's in a tight situation.

(I presume?)
    Indeed
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    have seen him stay in a couple of times when he nicked them, tbh... not sure when, but I seem to remember that. Also, didn't he claim Sachin caught when he had clearly put the ball on the ground? I guess by cheating he meant, not doing other stuff. Not walking is not cheating in my opinion, as long as you don't complain about bad decisions.
    I can't believe that, and I certainly can't believe he ever claimed a catch he knew hadn't carried.

Anyways, I've always believed not walking is cheating, simple as, by not walking you're trying to get away with something which in the laws is out.

Obviously, the worst thing (and it's something most people do at the current time) is not walking and complaining about bad decisions. Sooner we get an Umpiring system which means batsmen have roughly 0 chance of getting away with anything and walk simply to speed the game up the better.

As long as the right decision is made nobody complains.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    I can't believe that, and I certainly can't believe he ever claimed a catch he knew hadn't carried.

Anyways, I've always believed not walking is cheating, simple as, by not walking you're trying to get away with something which in the laws is out.

Obviously, the worst thing (and it's something most people do at the current time) is not walking and complaining about bad decisions. Sooner we get an Umpiring system which means batsmen have roughly 0 chance of getting away with anything and walk simply to speed the game up the better.
    first final (it was rained off) of the STandard Bank triseries in 97... check it out on youtube or something.

I doubt it'll be on there TBH, not much SA-recorded stuff is. Will have a scout around some old match-reports.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information