• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ODI Batsmen Not To Score A Ton

Swervy

International Captain
How on Earth anyone who enjoyed watching Ricardo Powell bat can have the nerve to call themselves a cricket fan is beyond me.

Just a bit of playful banter. :D
Aware that that was just 'playful banter' (ok?), I think there is room for a cricket fan to enjoy someone going out there and giving it a huge whack at the expense of technique or any other finer point to the game.

Maybe its just me, but I love a moments of crazy, high scoring cricket, and for the odd flash, Powell used to provide it, and for that, I salute him , for giving me maybe 15 minutes of childish enjoyment

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I absolutely hate the sort of stuff that occurs when Ricardo Powell \ Shahid Afridi types get into the game. Mostly it just means one goes straight up and that's that - and occasionally it results in the ball flying all over everywhere which, as I say, really isn't my thing.

If people enjoy that it's their lookout obviously, but if Powell\Afridi types failed every time they went to the wicket nothing'd make me happier TBH. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
for now?

does that mean we are going to see an almighty reprise of this at some point?

I can hardly wait!!!!
Nah, was meaning I'd discuss it with Gelman on MSN if the subject cropped-up. This is not the place to be discussing it, it'll only result in yet more rubbish being thrown around.

Swervy

International Captain
Nah, was meaning I'd discuss it with Gelman on MSN if the subject cropped-up. This is not the place to be discussing it, it'll only result in yet more rubbish being thrown around.
Feel free to drop me an email if you want, as it would appear to be between you and me really!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If I do, yo sho will know about it.

(YES, THIS POST WAS (at least part of it) IN JEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!)