Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best peice of batting from a individual in the last year.

Nico Borcic's gritty 9 from 37 deliveries vs. the South Freo u/14's.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Surprised no one has mentioned Collingwoods 120* in the CB series

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    My 2*
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    My 2*
    Opening?

International 12th Man
    AB de Villiers in the World Cup against the Windies was a very good knock, especially when you consider he was in the last chance saloon re: his place in the team and also the injury he picked up near the end of the innings. He was clubbing huge sixes whilst almost literally playing on one leg, it was truly extraordinary.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Pontings 2 knocks in the first 2 Ashes tests went a long way to setting the tone for the series.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I honestly think his 142 against Lanka at Edgbaston was better, and certainly turned-out more pivotal. His was the only significant score by an England batsman in the series, and the only time anyone looked really convincing on what was actually a very tricky pitch.
    Agreed, that innings really was a cut above.

Otherwise I think the efforts of Chanderpaul and Sangakkarra just about top the class for the last 12 months.

Honourable mentions to Pieterson and Ponting during the ashes, Collingwood during the VB series, Damien Martyn during the Champions Trophy (was amazed how quickly everyone seemed to forget this tournament ever happened, with the build-up to the Ashes and all lol) and Hayden during the WC.

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Collingwood's 121*

Not saying it was better than Gilchrist's world cup knock or mattered more, but i just love the way someone as unspectacular as Collingwood can produce innings of such brilliance like that,

I'm with Richard on the ODIs -- Gilchrist's innings in the WC final, followed by Jayasuriya's absolute tonking on England in Headingley. I listened to the first on TMS while playing cards in the back of a battered old Land Rover, but managed to be there in the crowd for the latter.

As far as Tests go, I didn't see much of Sanga's knocks against NZ. Big Shiv's knocks against England were immense in context, and (as Richard said), KP was the difference against SL at Edgbaston -- if not for that knock, Murali might have been able to conjure up a series win. My vote, however, goes to Collingwood's Ashes double-ton -- not one for the purists, but it was a great bit of batting nonetheless.

If this thread were just a fortnight earlier, Jayawardene and Sangakkara's record partnership against SA would have come into play

Cricket Spectator
    My 32 from 22 top score from number 9 will not be forgotten, name an Asian (I'm talking bout yellowies not brownies) who can do that :P

Seriously though, there's been some killer performances, quick sum up: KP, M. Yousef, Jayawardene, Jayasuriya & Ponting for me did fantastic work with the bat. KP is England's best

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Bunny View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned Collingwoods 120* in the CB series
    ODI cricket, almost automatically places it lower in peoples lists, regardless of how good the knock was.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information