• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Graeme Hick's career a sucess or a failure?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd liken that to different types of GCSE Papers.

You can get Foundation level papers, to where you can only get a C or below, or a Higher Tier paper where you can get an A* - C I think. Obviously you are more likely to have trouble with the Higher Tier Paper.

Hick could only get a certain amount of plaudits if he played against such average county bowlers.
Do you have to bring Maths into this?. :@
I don't remember mentioning maths, just exam papers......
Yeah, excellent analogy IMO.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry PF... my mistake. I instantly for some reason saw the words "Foundation level papers" and assumed maths.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
About as English as Allan Lamb, Robin Smith, Chris Broad and Kevin Pietersen I suppose :dry:
As far as I'm concerned, they're all as English as the trees when playing cricket is the matter in concern. They wanted to and did play for and give their all for England, and that's perfectly good enough for me.

Not sure where you added Chris Broad to those other 4 from though. :huh: Did you mean Basil D'Oliveira or Tony Greig?

Fiery

Banned
As far as I'm concerned, they're all as English as the trees when playing cricket is the matter in concern. They wanted to and did play for and give their all for England, and that's perfectly good enough for me.

Not sure where you added Chris Broad to those other 4 from though. :huh: Did you mean Basil D'Oliveira or Tony Greig?
I meant Chris Smith actually :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'd liken that to different types of GCSE Papers.

You can get Foundation level papers, to where you can only get a C or below, or a Higher Tier paper where you can get an A* - C I think. Obviously you are more likely to have trouble with the Higher Tier Paper.

Hick could only get a certain amount of plaudits if he played against such average county bowlers.
Don't think it can work like that, otherwise everyone would enter Foundation, guaranteed at least a C. I think there must be some overlap of the grades, at least.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Don't think it can work like that, otherwise everyone would enter Foundation, guaranteed at least a C. I think there must be some overlap of the grades, at least.

Nah your not guaranteed a C, if you get less than 10% or something, you get a U.