• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ECB announce NZ 2008 tour

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah it is a bit dismissive to knock something that hasn't even been played yet. Michael Vaughan's body could finally fall apart, Prior could end up dire and be axed, or frankly anything could happen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
With any look, Vaughan will still be around in 2008 (and 2009, too...) and my guess right now would be something along these lines...

Trescothick given mental fitness
Cook
Vaughan
Pietersen
Bell
Flintoff
Prior\whoever-the-next-cab-off-the-rank-is
X
Hoggard
MSP
Harmison (yes, I think he'll probably still be around, he's lasted this long)

X would hopefully actually be another batsman (if that miracle happened it'd presumably be Collingwood) but my bet would be on a bowler, and if so it's Murphy's Law. Just hope it's someone other than Plunkett. :wallbash:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With any look, Vaughan will still be around in 2008 (and 2009, too...) and my guess right now would be something along these lines...

Cook
Vaughan
Pietersen
Bell
Flintoff
X
Hoggard
MSP

X would hopefully actually be another batsman (if that miracle happened it'd presumably be Collingwood) but my bet would be on a bowler, and if so it's Murphy's Law. Just hope it's someone other than Plunkett. :wallbash:
The Saj?

Craig

World Traveller

Cook
Vaughan
Pietersen
Bell
Flintoff
X
Hoggard
MSP

Wouldn't x be Simon Jones if he is still around? Now his body is held together by chewing gum.

Albion

Cricket Spectator
Should be a good series, remember the last tour the two sides were both on good runs and Bracewell called the NZ team the best ever to tour.

3-0 was a fair result but it was a closer series than that. England had to chase 270 at Lords and 290 at Trent Bridge - totals which were record chases if i recall?

Headingley was pretty one sided.

England have a very good home record in the 2000's - they have only lost 1 series at home (2001 Ashes)

A lot will depend on Bond for NZ i suspect.

Having said that,a lot can happen in cricket in a year - Flintoff may be back firing on all cylinders etc.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year

Cook
Vaughan
Pietersen
Bell
Flintoff
X
Hoggard
MSP

I'd like the Ashes 2009 to look like this...

Strauss
Cook
Vaughan
Pietersen
Bopara/Rashid
Bell
Flintoff
Davies
Hoggard
Harmison
Panesar

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wouldn't want Harmison in there, TBH, and am currently less than sure about Strauss. Have never yet been sure about Bopara, either - only very recently has there been a suggestion that he might have the goods.

I hope you'd not have Rashid batting ahead of Bell? :unsure: Even if he has had success at six, five's not much of a difference and Rashid is an all-rounder, not a frontline batsman.