• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the ODI Series between England and WI

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
as i've seen from the west indies in the world cup, they didn't look amazing at bat, even with lara. i don't really know who can make such an impact now.
and, well... odis at the end of a tour will find them consumed - who knows?
only if england will relax thinking at the battle with india, otherwise i just don't see them losing.
(unless they repeat that legendary hour of today - unlikely though).

pasag

RTDAS
WI should be favourites (you'd think), but I have a gut feeling it will be England. Might actually be a good series in terms of competitiveness.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
West Indies should dominate, especially if England continue to select Strauss and Vaughan at the top of the order and rubbish in their bowling attack.

Fiery

Banned
West Indies should dominate, especially if England continue to select Strauss and Vaughan at the top of the order and rubbish in their bowling attack.
Can't see it tbh. Their confidence is being eroded in these test matches. No Lara any more. England to clean up imo

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Give him a break Prince...he's 10 mate
Are there any members left who aren't 10? :p

Seriously though, I wasn't aware of that. But my post still stands. There's cutting people some slack and there's just letting them get away with ridiculousness.

Fiery

Banned
Are there any members left who aren't 10? :p

Seriously though, I wasn't aware of that. But my post still stands. There's cutting people some slack and there's just letting them get away with ridiculousness.
Oh yeah, but better to just let these things slide sometimes rather than try to make a fool of people...doesn't achieve much really

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
TBH, I haven't a clue as in ODIs both have been as crap as each other....but the Windies might be about to give us a helping hand with the captaincy:
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/engvwi/content/current/story/297349.html
Considering Ganga's ODI average is 25 and his SR is 59 (he nearly makes Vaughan look good) if we are sensible enough to drop Vaughan and the Windies appoint Ganga we'd be favourites. But we won't drop Vaughan so it will be two poor teams with two captains who shouldn't be there = anybody's guess.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah we'll contrive to lose some limited overs stuff
Most IMO. Pietersen can't carry England forever, and as long as they're picking substandard players like Vaughan, Panesar and Strauss then I can't see them doing that well.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
We have beaten the West Indies in are last two meetings and now Bradshaw and Lara have gone, I can’t see them given much fight especially if the likes of Daren Ganga are going to feature.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't see it tbh. Their confidence is being eroded in these test matches. No Lara any more. England to clean up imo
Not all the Test and ODI players are the same, and it is possible to make a clean break when the game you're playing changes.

sideshowtim

Banned
Uh, who the hell is voting for the Windies? I'm sorry, but this West Indian side doesn't stand a chance in either format. Their only shining light in the World Cup was pretty much Lara, and possibly Ramdin. And now with Lara gone...away from home...They'll get hammered.