• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weakest Point of Pakistan?????

haroon510

International 12th Man
it would have to be injuries and fitness. this really fits the dicipline choice of urs. if players like shoaib, asif, gul play consistently for pakistan, pakistan team would be the second best team because of thier fast bowling. unfortunatly they don't play together very often. can u guys imagin if shoaib and asif could play in england (test matches),last year or gul and shoaib would have played in SA tour or shoaib and asif played during the world cup. the result of the matches would have been slitly defferent.
that is one of the reason why i think injury is one of thier weakness. if these three players could play together almost every series pakistan can become number one or number two team.
the second problem would be the opening problem. i belive players like hafeez shouldn't be even close to one day side, he might be a good test player but for one day team he shouldn't be considered.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just incase anyone's interested, Fazl-E-Akbar plays for Chichester in the Sussex league and frequently tears it up, season after season.

Completely irrelevant tangent, but there we go.
I saw Fazl-e-Akbar just a couple of times, and one of those occasions he bowled really, really well (but for a few no-balls). The other he bowled terribly, but there were all sorts of reasons why that might have been legit.

He always struck me, along with Asim Kamal, as one who got an incredibly raw deal.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The only time I've seen Fazl bowl was his last test match against India in 2004. The pitch was an absolute belter but he bowled dreadfully in that match. I assume he's still along way back in the pecking order. Definetely behind guys like Shoaib, Asif, Gul, Shabbir, Shahid Nazir and maybe even Mohammed Sami.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The only time I've seen Fazl bowl was his last test match against India in 2004. The pitch was an absolute belter but he bowled dreadfully in that match.
Yep, same (was the 2nd time I'd seen him bowl in my case). He was hardly in tip-top condition at the time, though, and he must be doing something right and it's a shame he hasn't got a few more regular opportunities, given the amount of licence given to the Samis, Rana Naved-ul-Hasans, Rao Iftikhar Anjums and others of this World.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
He was hardly in tip-top condition
Oh yeah I imagine his fitness played a massive part as to why they didn't persevere with him. Looked very unfit and extremely overweight. Mind you the conditions were sweltering if I remember correctly. :laugh: