Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: NZ Contracts 2007

  1. #16
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    No. Broom doesn't deserve a contract, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on a few A Tours and the like.
    With all due respect you were rather vague on your statement that it was pathetic (the contracted players listed).
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  2. #17
    International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    2,710
    Saw Daryl Tuffey today who was a little dissapointed but was sort of expected.

  3. #18
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,309
    *sighs*

    Marshall, Mason oh dear god.

    Seriously, if you want an accuracy bowler, Oram is way more accurate than Mason. Doesn't exactly say much for Mason.

    Hamish Marshall has no FORM!!!!

    Sinclair for Marshall, a younger, better prospect for Mason.

    Jamie How deserves his contract IMO. He's still developing and has....I dunno.....just this look about him that says he's gonna be good.

    Mark Gillespie I'm not sure on.....

    Heath you seem to know your domestic cricket, give us some names of guys that you reckon can bowl pretty good. Oh anyone else can answer my question too.

    I remember that bloke Harvie from the domestic finals, he seems OK. Same with Nathan McCullum. James McMillan has SBS (Shane Bond Syndrome)
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  4. #19
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Marsden Bay, NZ
    Posts
    23,730
    I've always rated Scott from Otago pretty highly, but I must admit I haven't seen that much of him.

    Plus Iain O'Brien, who despite his horrendous performance in his first chance in Tests, is so good in domestic cricket he must have something to offer the Black Caps. Maybe if he gets another chance he'll handle it better.


  5. #20
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Posts
    16,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Heath you seem to know your domestic cricket, give us some names of guys that you reckon can bowl pretty good. Oh anyone else can answer my question too.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    I've always rated Scott from Otago pretty highly, but I must admit I haven't seen that much of him.
    Yeah - Scott's a decent prospect and he adds a little with the bat as well; could possibly be a number 8 or 9. To be honest, I haven't seen much in Domestic Cricket in terms of young quicks who are saying 'pick me'. Richard Sherlock looked good when I last saw him play in 2005, but he spent most of the year injured so I'd imagine he's gone backwards. I think he's only 22/23, but may need to remodel his action as the number of injuries he's sustained to date is pretty rank. Other than him, Tim Southee looks a decent young'un. I haven't seen too much of him, but he can certainly move the ball in the great Kiwi tradition, and is another who can bat a little too. Corey Anderson at Canterbury I hear good things about, but must confess that I haven't seen him in action yet.

    Apart from them, you're looking at your Aldridges and Arnels really. O'Brien has been performing admirably in FC cricket for a while now, but like Aldridge, I doubt he's in the selectors thoughts too much.

    Robbie Schaw at Centrals looks a decent spinning prospect, but early days yet.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

  6. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Yeah - Scott's a decent prospect and he adds a little with the bat as well; could possibly be a number 8 or 9. To be honest, I haven't seen much in Domestic Cricket in terms of young quicks who are saying 'pick me'. Richard Sherlock looked good when I last saw him play in 2005, but he spent most of the year injured so I'd imagine he's gone backwards. I think he's only 22/23, but may need to remodel his action as the number of injuries he's sustained to date is pretty rank. Other than him, Tim Southee looks a decent young'un. I haven't seen too much of him, but he can certainly move the ball in the great Kiwi tradition, and is another who can bat a little too. Corey Anderson at Canterbury I hear good things about, but must confess that I haven't seen him in action yet.

    Apart from them, you're looking at your Aldridges and Arnels really. O'Brien has been performing admirably in FC cricket for a while now, but like Aldridge, I doubt he's in the selectors thoughts too much.

    Robbie Schaw at Centrals looks a decent spinning prospect, but early days yet.
    I lost hope with Aldridge when I saw him bowling the last ball of a game, 12 runs needed and they lost...think it was a 20/20

  7. #22
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Posts
    16,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    I lost hope with Aldridge when I saw him bowling the last ball of a game, 12 runs needed and they lost...think it was a 20/20
    Yes. I saw that. Northerns vs Auckland.

    Aldridge to Adams. One ball left, 12 runs needed.

    No-ball hit for a four. 6 runs to the total, 6 required off the last ball.

    Adams hits the biggest six I'd seen at Eden Park (I think) for a loooong time.

    I had to laugh.

    Despite Aldridge's lack of pace (comparatively, of course), I think he's a better bowler than many give credit for. He is more reliable than Gillespie, and has better economy of action than Martin. Its a shame that I doubt he'll ever get a chance now. I certainly think he could do a job in ODI cricket.

  8. #23
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    There or thereabouts
    Posts
    17,791
    Bradley Scott's a bit slow - would be 120kmh tops, I reckon. Handy all-round cricketer though and bloody nice guy.

  9. #24
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Posts
    16,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Bradley Scott's a bit slow - would be 120kmh tops, I reckon. Handy all-round cricketer though and bloody nice guy.
    120 you reckon? I've never seen him on the tv with the speed gun, but to me it looks like he hurries the batsman up a bit more than 120 would suggest. Still, an accurate bowler who can get a bit of movement can still be dangerous at 120; especially in NZ. I doubt he'd trouble any decent international batsman outside of NZ at that pace. Do you reckon there's any chance of knocking it up a notch? 120 puts him in the Hiini/Ryder bracket, and he's certainly a good few notches up the bowling ladder than those two.

  10. #25
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    There or thereabouts
    Posts
    17,791
    Nah, I played against him a few years back and he really was military back then, and I don't think he's tapped it up too much more than that looking at him and talking to other guys who have faced him.

  11. #26
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Posts
    16,219
    Shame. Unlikely to get a game under the Bracers regime I'd say, but given that he can bat and bowl, you never know! He is going on the A team tour though, isn't he? A chance to shine there, but I can't say that the pitches of Queensland will suit his bowling style though.

  12. #27
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Nah, I played against him a few years back and he really was military back then, and I don't think he's tapped it up too much more than that looking at him and talking to other guys who have faced him.
    You'll know more than I do about Bradley Scott but when I was watching him play in a few Twenty20 games last year, he seemed to be regularly in the 120's, touching 130 at times. Either that or I'm thinking of somebody else.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  13. #28
    International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    2,710
    Sincliars talking of moving overseas. Shame on NZ cricket who are probably going to lose a class player.

  14. #29
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Posts
    16,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Natman20 View Post
    Sincliars...
    Was this a Freudian Slip? Do you think he's being dishonest about the potential move overseas?

  15. #30
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Marsden Bay, NZ
    Posts
    23,730
    Wouldn't surprise me, although if he was trying to repeat what worked last year he left it a bit too late this time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. EAC and BLIC 2007
    By djwolf in forum Cricket Games
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 08:00 AM
  2. Super Eight
    By James in forum World Cup 2007
    Replies: 6479
    Last Post: 26-04-2007, 11:44 PM
  3. **2007 World Cup**
    By Natman20 in forum World Cup 2007
    Replies: 499
    Last Post: 28-03-2007, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •