Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Vincent set to quit New Zealand

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Said in the Herald this morning that "indications are that he will stay in NZ".

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I think it would be a big boost to crowd figures in both the Pura Cup and Ford Ranger Cup if someone like Vincent were to be playing for a state side. Hope he comes. S.A. need some good players.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    I think it would be a big boost to crowd figures in both the Pura Cup and Ford Ranger Cup if someone like Vincent were to be playing for a state side. Hope he comes. S.A. need some good players.
    While I think Australian domestic comp is so strong because they have a good mix of experienced and up and coming, potential Australian internationals, it'd be cool for each side to have just 1 overseas marquee player playing in the best domestic competition in the world.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    While I think Australian domestic comp is so strong because they have a good mix of experienced and up and coming, potential Australian internationals, it'd be cool for each side to have just 1 overseas marquee player playing in the best domestic competition in the world.
    Absolutely. I think it would be great to have some up and coming players like Ricardo Morton (think that's his name) or someone like that. However, it does make it hard these days with so many internationals being played all the year round.

Absolutely. I think it would be great to have some up and coming players like Ricardo Morton (think that's his name) or someone like that. However, it does make it hard these days with so many internationals being played all the year round.
    Fringe players or players whose international careers are probably over might work.
    I mean, I'd happily watch a match if Hick, Ramps, Butcher, Harris, Mushtaq, Tikolo, Dippenaar, Spearman, Gough or even Wheelie bin turned out for an Aussie domestic team.

Burger Time Champion!
    Fringe players or players whose international careers are probably over might work.
    I mean, I'd happily watch a match if Hick, Ramps, Butcher, Harris, Mushtaq, Tikolo, Dippenaar, Spearman, Gough or even Wheelie bin turned out for an Aussie domestic team.
    I try to get to as many games as I can (which is quite hard) regardless of who's playing. Would probably much rather see an up-and-comer than a 'has-been'. However, if it brings the crowds I'm all for it.

There was talk of adding a NZ A team to the competitions a few years ago, I think it's something CA should really consider.

I try to get to as many games as I can (which is quite hard) regardless of who's playing. Would probably much rather see an up-and-comer than a 'has-been'. However, if it brings the crowds I'm all for it.

There was talk of adding a NZ A team to the competitions a few years ago, I think it's something CA should really consider.
    The 'has beens' could be used to bring more crowds to 20/20 or even Ford Ranger cup.

Though the Pura cup should be the premier competition.

Burger Time Champion!
    The 'has beens' could be used to bring more crowds to 20/20 or even Ford Ranger cup.

Though the Pura cup should be the premier competition.
    The crowds are big enough for 20/20, don't really need them for that. It's the Pura Cup they need to bring the crowds in for.

Burger Time Champion!
    Forgot to mention HIck's already had a stint for QLD.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar

Im pretty sure the talk was South and North Island sides in the Pura Cup and FR Cup.

But on the issue of overseas players there are always a couple guys playing in Grade Cricket every year that would make most state sides but never get selected, for various reasons. I think its time that CA got off its high horse and starting allowing overseas players to play state cricket here. It would improve the standard of competition and have a positive effect on the development of players. There are already fairly strict rules in Grade cricket, about overseas players, so they could just be transfered over. With no EU laws and Kolpax laws, its not like its going to get crazy like what it does in England. Where it is basically spot the Englishmen. I know alot of people say the strongest Australia's domestic comp was when they were getting the Haddlee's and Garner's to come over.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Im pretty sure the talk was South and North Island sides in the Pura Cup and FR Cup.

But on the issue of overseas players there are always a couple guys playing in Grade Cricket every year that would make most state sides but never get selected, for various reasons. I think its time that CA got off its high horse and starting allowing overseas players to play state cricket here. It would improve the standard of competition and have a positive effect on the development of players. There are already fairly strict rules in Grade cricket, about overseas players, so they could just be transfered over. With no EU laws and Kolpax laws, its not like its going to get crazy like what it does in England. Where it is basically spot the Englishmen. I know alot of people say the strongest Australia's domestic comp was when they were getting the Haddlee's and Garner's to come over.
    Yeah, that's right. Maybe it will take a couple of years for Australia to fall back into the pack, then something like that may be considered.

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    The funny thing is, I suspect he might succeed. He enjoys the Aussie pitches. Having said that, if he managed to hold down a position in any Aussie FC side he is outdoing himself considering he is even a total dud in lowly ole NZ FC cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    A top tier state contract is worth 100 thou,next would be 70/80 south australia only contracted 14 players so they can afford it,i gather daniel harris is on the way out.
    50 thou vs 100 or even 70/80 thou a big difference.
    Also vincent comes from south australia so he knows it well,he even used to be an aussie rules umpire.
    Was pretty sure that the cap for state players is $125 000. Plus more if you sign up as an "assistant coach", a la Bevan and Elliott.

It's not a case of Cricket Australia "allowing" internationals to play - it's a reluctance of the states to bring in someone from outside the squad, who'll only be there for one year, into the team at the expense of players who they have spent years developing to become good first class, and hopefully one day, Test players.

International Vice-Captain 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    http://content-www.cricinfo.com/newz...ry/249103.html

I would imagine the lowest Aussie cricketer earns more than our top ranked cricketer
    Haha James, I reckon you've taken the "the grass is so much greener in Australia" scaremongering by our media a bit too seriously.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information