• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vincent set to quit New Zealand

James

Cricket Web Owner
I was referring to his selection, well non-selection really while we've seen the selectors try out the likes of the Marshall twins, How, Cumming, Papps - the list goes on.

The minimum NZC contract is $45,000 + match fees.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ironically, he's still the highest averaging test opener since Richardson (IIRC).

Since his recall in both formats he has made the most of his ability, as the stats plainly show.
It is rather ironic, but he was never meant to be a Test opener, as much as Bracewell thought otherwise.

He has done well since his recall during the CB series, although his only century came against minnows and he was playing most of his games on roads.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I was referring to his selection, well non-selection really while we've seen the selectors try out the likes of the Marshall twins, How, Cumming, Papps - the list goes on.

The minimum NZC contract is $45,000 + match fees.
Cummings latest efforts at opening impressed me, unlike the last time I saw him bat. Given that series was pretty much dominated by ball I'd like to see him slot in at #1 in our next test...

Perm

Cummings latest efforts at opening impressed me, unlike the last time I saw him bat. Given that series was pretty much dominated by ball I'd like to see him slot in at #1 in our next test...
He'll be getting on a bit in age now, and given that he doesn't play ODI's for the Black Caps it would be difficult to get him to stay around just for less than 5 Test's a year sort of thing.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It is rather ironic, but he was never meant to be a Test opener, as much as Bracewell thought otherwise.

He has done well since his recall during the CB series, although his only century came against minnows and he was playing most of his games on roads.
Whoops, I screwed up that filter.

Stats since he's been recalled in ODI's.

Was missing that average inflating 172 but also a couple of 50's from the terrible SA series.

HeathDavisSpeed

How about a really crazy idea...Like Craig Cumming and Michael Papps?

Papps for sure...
Cumming maybe...

Both together.... No thanks...

I think you'd see test match attendances plummet even further with both them together.

Sadly, I have no answer for our opening problem. I'd like to see Papps and Vincent in the next test, but I hold little hope of that being a long term solution.

Flem274*

123/5
FFS Lou, you're a shoo in for the side now. Why leave? We will have a new coach shortly so if you perform as well as you have recently then you will be a first choice every time. (yes I know he's not likely to be viewing these forums.)

Perm

Papps for sure...
Cumming maybe...

I think you'd see test match attendances plummet even further with both them together.

Sadly, I have no answer for our opening problem. I'd like to see Papps and Vincent in the next test, but I hold little hope of that being a long term solution.
Frankly I couldn't give a rat's arse how many people go to the Test's aslong as we are winning and our openers doing the job.

Perm

FFS Lou, you're a shoo in for the side now. Why leave? We will have a new coach shortly so if you perform as well as you have recently then you will be a first choice every time. (yes I know he's not likely to be viewing these forums.)
We have Heath Davis so I'm sure Lou is out there somewhere.

Flem274*

123/5
Papps for sure...
Cumming maybe...

Who cares about attendance, runs win matches. Wins get crowds. Wins and crowds = money.

Papps and Cumming with Lou in the middle order, I reckon he'd make a decent no.3. He's got the opening skills and he's got the middle order skills. Excellent option for No.3.

HeathDavisSpeed

Frankly I couldn't give a rat's arse how many people go to the Test's aslong as we are winning and our openers doing the job.
You've obviously never been at the Basin on a foggy day at a test match where the only other attendees are the other players and a mother and son holding a sad looking placard saying "GO CHATFIELD!!"

If you'd be there, you'd be begging for higher attendances at test matches, but I get your point. Results first, attractive cricket second..... Just like for New Zealand Cricket since time immemorial!!

Perm

You've obviously never been at the Basin on a foggy day at a test match where the only other attendees are the other players and a mother and son holding a sad looking placard saying "GO CHATFIELD!!"

If you'd be there, you'd be begging for higher attendances at test matches, but I get your point. Results first, attractive cricket second..... Just like for New Zealand Cricket since time immemorial!!
As a nation we don't appreciate Test cricket, and that isn't likely to change in the next 5 years even if we are winning.

Flem274*

123/5
As a nation we don't appreciate Test cricket, and that isn't likely to change in the next 5 years even if we are winning.
Yeah, we need the media to actualy talk us up in tests for once and NZC to advertise tests. Also, if we lose, no more "Oh the black Caps are rubbish. Don't bother watching that rubbish watch a good game of rugby instead." It's infuriating.