• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian team for 2011 WC

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Indian 15 for 2011 WC

1st XI
Gautham Gambhir(Delhi)
M Vijay(TN)
Dinesh Kaarthick (c) (TN)
Dinesh Mongia(Punjab)
Yuvraj Singh(Punjab)
MS Dhoni(Jharkhand)
Joginder Sharma(Haryana)
P Chawla(UP)
Ramesh Powar(Mumbai)
VRV Singh(Punjab)
Munaf Patel(Maharashtra)

the rest:
L Balaji (TN)(if he is fit) or Bose(Bengal)
C Raghu(KAR)/Tiwary (Bengal)
V Sehwag(Delhi)
R Ashwin(TN)

I dont see Dravid,Ganguly,Sachin lasting that long. Also Sehwag, given the fact, he is more successful in tests, unless he does something drastically different, i dont see him as the future captain in ODIs.
I have gone with Dinesh Karthick as the skipper, pure intuition, though. But i definitely had this gut feeling, even before Chappel spoke highly of his leadership qualities. Hope, which could sound wild imagination to most of you here, turns into reality.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Dinesh Kaarthick captain over the likes of Yuvraj who has a permanant spot and Kaif with captaincy experience unlike karrtick? I would doubt it.

adharcric

International Coach
First of all, your state bias is shining through. Second, we already have a thread in the World Cup section. Finally, what Perm said.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could well be just a wee bit less than four years though...:cool:
What I meant was that so many things can happen between now and then that it's pretty pointless trying to pick a team for an event happening in 4 years time.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
What I meant was that so many things can happen between now and then that it's pretty pointless trying to pick a team for an event happening in 4 years time.
I very much understand that. But i fail to understand why we should not have a thread for this?

Perm

I very much understand that. But i fail to understand why we should not have a thread for this?
Because there is no real point. Far too much guess work is involved for it to even be fun, also I don't think we need a whole thread dedicated to one team that will be picked in four years time.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Because there is no real point. Far too much guess work is involved for it to even be fun, also I don't think we need a whole thread dedicated to one team that will be picked in four years time.
I am not saying this thread should go on for 4 years. It is just to know what people expect to be the line up at this point. Guess work. so what? If people dont want to guess, let them not do it. Why a country specific thread. I certainly dont see a point there.

Perm

I am not saying this thread should go on for 4 years. It is just to know what people expect to be the line up at this point. Guess work. so what? If people dont want to guess, let them not do it. Why a country specific thread. I certainly dont see a point there.
I could understand maybe if it was an open invitation to all members to pick what they think their starting XI will be in 2011 but since it is just for India then it makes no sense. I already beleive we have a thread similar to these, but for all countries, so there is another reason as to why this thread is silly.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
I could understand maybe if it was an open invitation to all members to pick what they think their starting XI will be in 2011 but since it is just for India then it makes no sense. I already beleive we have a thread similar to these, but for all countries, so there is another reason as to why this thread is silly.
It is very much an open invitation by all means. It is just naive to think India specific threads are not open to all.

I see more logic to have country specific threads for the simple reason of readability.

Perm

It is very much an open invitation by all means. It is just naive to think India specific threads are not open to all.

I see more logic to have country specific threads for the simple reason of readability.
Nowhere in your opening post did you mention anything about other people posting their chosen teams for their country, which may have been a smarter thing to do. In any case, we have this thread which is discussing possible teams in 2011.